Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a few radiant issues, advice needed  (Read 9577 times)
Gl!tch
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: July 04, 2008, 10:59:57 PM »

hi, i'm having a few problems with radiant 1.5 -

Firstly - texturing: When i add a texture to a surface in radiant it looks fine but more often then not when i go onto the map in open arena it looks terrible - For example a texture that looks to fit a wall in radiant actually comes out really small but repeated over and over in the game itself - Ive tried using both fit and axial methods and both come out the same. Some textures seem ok however - is it just certain textures cant go over a maximum size?

Second - Bounce pads: I've followed tutorials about bounce pads. Seems simple enough, i even get the green line linking the trigger_push to the target but in game it doesnt work at all. do you have any ideas why this may be the case?

I'd really love your advise on these matters, i've reached the point on my map where i need to get these things working properly.
Thanks

Edit - just tested the map in nexiuz and the problems are gone there - textures are the same size as in radiant and the pads work properly
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 12:18:21 AM by porps » Logged
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 03:43:45 AM »

Was the map built from scratch in GtkRadiant1.5 or has it been ported over from an older version or a different mapping program?

I had a similar problem when porting a map over from another game. What I had to do was go over it again applying the texture. I would recommend caulking everything then re-texturing the lot.

To make a jumppad you need a Trigger Push:
Key: target
Value: Jump1

Then a Target_Position to link too:
Key: targetname
Value1: jump1

That should resolve all your problems. Smiley
Gl!tch
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 09:49:29 PM »

thanks for your reply. I have got the jumpapds working now, but still have the problem with the textures. I tried caulking the entire thing as you suggested but it made no difference, they just dont come out as they look in radiant. Perhaps this is because i am using a q3map2 (renamed to oamap) to compile with, but i didnt get an oamap when i download the radiant OA pack and that was the only was i found to make it compile at all.

I think i will try reinstalling unless anyone has another idea
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 10:24:49 PM »

I have the same texturing problem, and I made two maps from scratch. Incredibly, it doesn't applies to bevels and curves.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
TRaK
Takes your "dying" game, and sticks non-Free content into it!
Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 05:15:49 AM »

Set -fs_game baseoa when you compile.

Gl!tch
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 01:52:23 AM »

Thanks a million Trax, your solution worked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: