Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing bots...  (Read 8160 times)
kilgore
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« on: June 10, 2008, 12:07:32 PM »

Hey guys.  So I recently ditched verion 7.1 completey and its now resting on an external hard drive.  Now I just have 7.7 and 7.6(since thats where everyone plays).  But for some reason now in both versions, several bots have simply vanished...  Jenna, Kyonshi, for example. Their names are there but no foto and they simply appear as sarge in the game.  With the whole mess of OA files on my computer and three versions to account for, I'm sure I just moved one file to the wrong place or something... anyone have an idea which file that might be?  Or what I should do to fix this?
THanks
K
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:29:31 PM »

- you have force player models turned on
- you didn't install all of the pk3s! You are missing the PLAYERS pk3s. Re-extract files.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
kilgore
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 06:12:44 AM »

Hey thanks for the reply but:
"force player models" is off.

I have pak2-players.pk3 and pak2-players-mature.pk3 in my baseoa.  still no female bots...

maybe it also helps to say that there are lots of bot slots with weird named bots.... but no fotos of them and they don't show up in the game.  strange bot issues....
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 06:16:09 AM by kilgore » Logged
ArleNadja
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 11:41:23 PM »

Did you look in your documents and settings folder/application data/openarena/baseoa folder? Sometimes the pk3 files conflict. Move or delete extra pk3 files that are in there.
zuma
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 11:52:01 PM »

it may be the notorious chronic.pk3, delete it, i had question ? marks on bots too
kilgore
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 01:02:26 AM »

ZUMA!! THANK YOU!  After trying everything I could think of.... even some things I couldn't think of, there were still sooo mnay missing bots.  But deleting the chronic.pk3 took care of everything.  I knew it was just one pesky file causing trouble...  Thanks for responding! 
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 02:27:22 AM »

this is why i have autodownload default off Smiley

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: