Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Imported 3rd party bots give errors in gameplay  (Read 5431 times)
TheGreatWorldEmperor
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: July 05, 2008, 08:40:10 PM »

When I play with a 3rd party bot, I get the error:Weapon number out of range, when I get close to it. I do know that several threads have been posted about this but I saw any good solution to this problem.
TheMechanicalHand
Bigger member

Cakes -1

Birdo

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 08:33:27 AM »

When I play with a 3rd party bot, I get the error:Weapon number out of range, when I get close to it. I do know that several threads have been posted about this but I saw any good solution to this problem.
yep,yep and yep this happens to every third party bot added to the game,to prevent this u have to edit t_c,w_c files in the pk3 that bot is in,i forget the actually names of the files but ur best place to find this on windows is... C:\Documents and Settings\YA NAME\Application Data\OpenArena

to unzip (if u dont no how to do so already) unzip with WinZip or 7Zip cuz that pk3 is just like a normal zip file just a different file extension,after that there should be some folders browse through em' till u find the t_c file s or wateva.

i think ur betta of askin dmn_clown for this. hope it all helps

P.S I forgot how to edit the t_c files!!! so dont ask me! i just no where to find em'

And in this moment Seconds stop and I burst with clarity, A wealth of love and hate gone blank For I finally remember my fucking name!! What do you want! i breathe wind, the clarity is gone, and my pulse is faint!
TheMechanicalHand
Bigger member

Cakes -1

Birdo

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:02:34 AM »

alright my last post probaly didn't make much sence so i might just run u through in "Brief" Detail...yea feel free to delete that post

first go to this simple directory or type it in C:\Documents And Settings\YA NAME\Application Data\OpenArena\baseoa\
now that u have found this look for the pak that reads the bot name so it should look something like this (botname).pk3

now u found that pak extract using WinZip or 7Zip either one it doesen't matter. After that u should find the folders/Files that u extracted in the place u found the pak,now there should be a folder named of the bot,go into it and then another folder should come up and it should botfiles enter that folder

now there should be 4 files should be named like this (botname)_c, (botname)_i, (botname)_t and the last file (botname)_w.
these files are already opened up with notepad.

now im gonna find a page telling u how to edit this file.

sorry i couldn't find anything i'll keep i touch tho!

-RAAM'BO
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 09:04:18 AM by RAAM'BO » Logged

And in this moment Seconds stop and I burst with clarity, A wealth of love and hate gone blank For I finally remember my fucking name!! What do you want! i breathe wind, the clarity is gone, and my pulse is faint!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: