Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of mod ideas......  (Read 6748 times)
Super Retardo
Nub

Cakes 0

Not the brightest bulb on the strand...

« on: July 09, 2008, 01:25:25 PM »

I've kind of gotten into the whole Open Arena thing a lot lately...ET's full of ETbot/RSHOOK a**holes, the GFX are so poorly implemented, yadda yadda yadda...

So I decided to build a mod that did implement some of the few things I liked from it and RTCW!

I'll be changing up the sound events significantly, adding real Vsays, and some Player models from popular culture, (movies, books, other video games, etc).   The vsays will all be the same uniform commands for all the players, but they will trigger player/gender specific sounds, yeah i know its gonna be a large .pk3 file for download...tell me about it later...

Also will be incorporating some stuff from shrubmod to make admin easy...

my question is...i've figured out how to recompile the source code as basically a seperate game....but how do i compile it so I can run it as a Pure server?
I'd want it for anybody to use and improve if they wanted to, and doing it and not being able to run a pure server would just suck and be self defeating.....

btw...got VStudio 2008, SP1...(Web dev is what i use it mostly for, this is a side project)...

my goal of the mod is just to build on the simplicity of the frag everything in sight/simple CTF obj that is the Q3 gameplay model, making it more entertaining.  Like Vanilla Bean Q3 instead of the same old Vanilla Extract flavored Q3.

if yall got any other suggestions or ideas, let me know....i'd love to hear em.   
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 01:59:35 PM »

What is your problem with running it as pure? If it is packed in pk3 files that should be possible right away (just throw away the generated binaries/dll files)

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Super Retardo
Nub

Cakes 0

Not the brightest bulb on the strand...

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 02:32:32 PM »

well i got a pretty good idea from what ive been reading that to really make a custom, yet polished mod with what I'm thinking, that ill have to change up the code...

like putting in a death from above/goomba kill, with a Super Mario stomp sound affect, or an additional sound for when somebody's using a camping strategy based on their movement versus number of kills they have...a whole lotta kills versus very little movement...."Camper!" says the announcer

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: