Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: CTF idiot noobz  (Read 36483 times)
rancid punx
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« on: July 26, 2008, 05:08:44 AM »

how do you call for a vote to kick people?

like when in CTF some idiot joins the game and joins the team that is winning easily AND has more members than the other team?

and those who spend the whole game camping the flag with a rail gun

zuma
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 06:33:17 AM »

/serverstatus
get player ID, then
/callvote clientkick ID
(ID is a number) drawback is that people dont know immediately who has which number, so they dont know whom u are trying to kick, so u must say whom and what reason.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 06:34:57 AM by zuma » Logged
rancid punx
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 11:52:54 AM »

thanks
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 11:54:56 AM »

Or possibly just ask them to 'even' the teams?
rancid punx
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 03:39:41 PM »

yes i do

then when they refuse, i call them a c***

doesnt seem to work though
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 07:37:35 AM »

I wonder why....
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 10:12:37 AM »

I wonder why....
lols

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 10:20:14 AM »

Wot a pity there's no auto-balance feature in OA.

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
rancid punx
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 12:02:31 PM »

there is

its called common sense

sadly a few players have their common sense options set to "OFF"

BlackGhost531
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 12:25:39 PM »

lolz
kick52

Cakes -1

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 05:11:08 PM »

Kicking people for camping is wrong, IMO, you aren't doing anything "illegal", though it may be bad playermenship (is that a word?)

Kicking for not balancing teams is right, however.

There should be an auto-balance thing in 0.alien but there won't be.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 02:13:00 PM »

When some get pleasure to spoil your game, I suppose it's right to kick them.
If one doesn't listen to what you have to say and doesn't want to know he's annoying, and/or insults you, it's also right to kick them.
Strangely, guys who camp often fall into these categories.
But if most people want to camp, then let then camp and change to a new server.

Todo: Walk the cat.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 02:27:44 PM »

here's something for 0.8.0: when a player has been at the same place for too long without moving a warning should be issued ***CAMPER WARNING***, and if the player still keeps the same ground he should be frozen in place and a pink tent should cover him and he should not be able to use weapons until he is either killed or types "I AM A CAMPER AND A LOSER" in the console.

so there, fixed the camping for 0.8.0.
Sauer2
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 10:26:45 AM »

Or the other team should get two points/one extra flag point by killing him...
rancid punx
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 12:25:26 PM »

here's something for 0.8.0: when a player has been at the same place for too long without moving a warning should be issued ***CAMPER WARNING***, and if the player still keeps the same ground he should be frozen in place and a pink tent should cover him and he should not be able to use weapons until he is either killed or types "I AM A CAMPER AND A LOSER" in the console.

so there, fixed the camping for 0.8.0.

they dont stay on the exact same spot though

like on sagos castle? they just hover around one of the top corner platforms all game waiting for people to approach the flag then bang! rail after rail after rail after ....yawn

rail gun is cool as f**k but in the hands of one of these idiots its totaly spoils this game IMO
CFQ
---

Cakes 0

---

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 03:31:47 PM »

----
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:00:03 PM by CFQ » Logged

I blanked my posts because I don't like this forum anymore! BAWWWWW
zuma
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 05:59:45 AM »

heh, there was camper in our game, we kicked him. then he connected back- and kick again. then he connected again under new name, but he had the same 25~ ping and we kicked him again =) brutal =) i guess we had smart people in game who knew about F1.
CFQ
---

Cakes 0

---

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 07:56:04 AM »

----
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:00:19 PM by CFQ » Logged

I blanked my posts because I don't like this forum anymore! BAWWWWW
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 12:43:43 AM »

I have never really seen a problem with camping, if someone decides to stay in one spot sniping/ambushing people, then it makes it easier for everyone else to know where said camper is, and eliminate them easily. Basically easy points Wink. if someone is determined to camp, they will be able to outsmart almost any anti-camp thing the server has running as rancid punx said, though the punishment pulchr adviced would be effective Smiley

One instance where camping can be quite brutal is on oa_ctf4ish, on the rail platform. Without any effective long range guns(except the mg) the camping railer will be able to frag you before you get off the flag platform of your base.
The noghost mod has an anti-camp feature on it, that the nemesis server has enabled. If the person stays still for a set amount of time, they will receive a warning on the middle of the screen: "Anti-Camp Warning! 5 Seconds till SelfDestruction!" If the camper does not move a certain amount of distance within the 5 seconds, they will explode displaying the frag message "<camper name> saw the light." That works very well on ctf4ish, however the anticamp thing sometimes backfires, as not always is someone camping but staying in the same spot. Someone with the flag, waiting for a teammate to return it; or very often I have had the anticamp message while I had to frag waves and waves of enemies keeping me from advancing >.>

I personally think it would be best to ignore, (or even better to take advantage of Tongue) campers unless they abuse it to the point of being unable to play the game as in the rail platform in ctf4ish. Save the /callvote kicks for assholes and hackers. Nobody likes a player who is kickhappy Wink

he awoke with a frieght
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 01:31:45 AM »

the problem with campers as i see it is often not their camping "skills" against the enemy but how they don't do anything useful in helping their on team. it has happened to me several times on oasago2f2 that i've gotten two campers on my team, every time they spawn up at the rail they remain there always aiming at the friendly flag, even if the flag is not in the base! the campers just stand there - not even trying to reclaim it. with even teams that means you lose one or two players and retrieving the flag can get very difficult.
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 11:55:58 PM »

the problem with campers as i see it is often not their camping "skills" against the enemy but how they don't do anything useful in helping their on team. it has happened to me several times on oasago2f2 that i've gotten two campers on my team, every time they spawn up at the rail they remain there always aiming at the friendly flag, even if the flag is not in the base! the campers just stand there - not even trying to reclaim it. with even teams that means you lose one or two players and retrieving the flag can get very difficult.
This I completely agree with haha, a very good point

he awoke with a frieght
RudyRailer
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 06:00:29 PM »

I totaly agree with you Pulch!!

CTF4ish is a great map if there is NO camping going on,.. Kick all campers if they refuse to stop camping after you ask them to get down/stop camping. Or just rail the campers when they respawn over and over and over untill, they had enough of dying and leave ,it works aswell Tongue
Camping isnt illigal but it ruins a good game.
Anti-camp doesnt work like it has to work so its pretty much useless.

cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 02:42:58 AM »

This is wailing of pussies.
You argue against yourself. It's the nature of CTF to have defenders and they HAVE to stay in their bases next to the flag. If campers are disturbing go and shoot 'em (like you said). OA (like Q3) has two server variables which help a little: g_teamAutoJoin and g_teamForceBalance

If it's possible to do camping at critical points it's a design flaw of the map. Go and callvote for another. OA has several maps worth playing. Next thing what YOU can do: Write improvement suggestions of the map and post them here in forum.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
Ironwall
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 02:13:02 PM »

If you really have that big of a problem with camping, just join servers that have anti-camp protections (e.g., those with NoGhost).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 02:15:25 PM by Ironwall » Logged
onykage
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 02:42:51 PM »

Actually, campers make you quite good.  Its just how someone defines (camper).  Some people get all ticked off and claim camper just b/c they are getting owned with the rail.  Some do it because of the same reason except any weapon.  Others just like to cry about it.

Seriously, campers are easy points.  Learn how to glance rail, or bump rail.  If you can learn to efficiantly do either of those, i can assure you 90% of the people you say are camping will a find a new server to camp, or stop camping and try to become better then you just to annoy you further.  Campers are almost always in the same place, and almost always are using zoom.  Thats 2 strikes against the said individual.  Just learn to out play them.

I would also make sure that the server admins were you are playing know you and know your good/cool, hence alot of server admins suck, and ban people for owning them in their own server.  Im kinda speaking from experiance dealing with the old q3a server system.

just my 2 cents worth.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: