Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: CTF idiot noobz  (Read 36482 times)
kernel panic
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 02:58:15 PM »

Yeah, I don't see where the problem is. Everytime I respawn by the rail in oasago I take a quick look to the flag and snipe whoever approaches, staying there for as long as bastards keep coming. Nobody called me a camper for that, but they would if I did it all the time. There's no real difference. I quite like to have some good railer I can trust in my team, be him static (camping) or not. If somebody from the opposite team is camping you know you have to do something about it (spam plasma all around the place, railing first or getting to wherever he is).

The only circumstance where I find it unfair and game killing is when one team has more players and one of them keeps camping with good aim. That makes it hard.

Oh, and the anti-camping measures suck. So what? Can't a player stay by the flag to avoid opponents taking hold of it? Is the run-jump-frag-get-fragged-start-again the only way to play? What about when you are defending some of your team members who's got the flag? Or waiting by the other team base to take it? Or whatever, it doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 03:03:20 PM by kernel panic » Logged
onykage
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 09:20:26 PM »

You can defend and not stand still.  Actually standing still isnt smart with rail in place.  Easy points. 
Ironwall
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2008, 07:42:41 AM »

I disagree with the commend that 'the anti-camping measures suck'. They're not perfect, but if you take the time to tweak them, they can be quite effective. The default settings in NoGhost are not good at all, but if you really jack the radius up, you can keep people from just slightly moving out of the area and back in when they get warned. Personally, I calibrated the radius I use to the largest rail platform on any map in my server (radius is set to 400, if memory serves). Heck, if you set the time limit low enough and the radius high enough, you can completely change the style of play, and force people to keep moving (and I don't mean back and forth in one room/area) at all times.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008, 09:03:09 AM »

Just imagine this guy exists :

... and spots camper by anticipating moves, works fine Wink

Todo: Walk the cat.
onykage
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008, 05:55:04 PM »

LOL, love the doc evil! 

Well keep in mind that most people dont like to be restricted anymore then they have to be when playing a game.  The more restrictions you add in, the more people will refrain from playing on your server.
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 01:10:14 AM »

Were is Mini-me?

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
KKCBulletBill
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 03:38:08 PM »

Clearly this sort of action is looked down upon by the Koopa Klown Car Clan, and we severely discourage uneven teams, or even a team that isn't entirely part of the Koopa Klown Car Clan. My advice to you, my fine Sir, is to report your findings to AOL. It is the only way anything on the internet can be handled. Come on, guys, we ARE all living in the 90's now, it's time upgrade to AOL 3.0 (now with AIM).
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 12:00:11 PM »

Wot a pity there's no auto-balance feature in OA.

there is...

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
JESUS SCOUSE
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 06:08:32 AM »

Killie is right....
When you join some servers you  join the game instead of spectating.
So you automatically join the team with least players.
I know this happens on Evil Server
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 08:50:26 AM »

Plus..some there is a feature on MODs that won't allow ppl to join team that is full..You will have to join the other team to play

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
PaniC
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 09:26:55 AM »

Plus..some there is a feature on MODs that won't allow ppl to join team that is full..You will have to join the other team to play

On baseoa too: g_teamforcebalance 1

jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2009, 08:08:37 AM »

anti camping stuff just gets me killed automatically when the other team has so many more players the only choice is to hide and sneak because there isnt enough ammo around to hold off everyone while waiting to cap.
rashdawg
Half-Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2009, 04:12:48 PM »

there is...

Wow... Quoting that was said almost 6 months ago...

Anyway The anti camping measures never really worked very well from my experience.  It tended to tick off the more experienced players more than campers.  When your strafing left and right trying to avoid rockets and kill someone then you randomly see the light...

TheWorstOAPlayer aka RashDawg
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2009, 04:55:32 PM »

When you join some servers you  join the game instead of spectating.
g_teamAutoJoin 1

Does not give players a chance to check teams before joining also might increase the chance of staying in the game rather than leave because the situation looks hopeless.

as already pointed out "g_teamforcebalence" is more powerfull.

Both functions existed in baseq3 too, so this is nothing new.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2009, 08:21:33 AM »

there is...

Wow... Quoting that was said almost 6 months ago

Smoke some Ganja Green

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: