Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Models in multiplayer?  (Read 7179 times)
Noob Sauce
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

« on: November 07, 2008, 02:11:09 PM »

Is there a way to use custom models and/or skins in multiplayer? Because whenever I try, it throws me back to Sarge. Is there at least a way to set it as a different default?
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 03:54:03 PM »

You can use it in multiplayer, if servers are unpure. Or if server is pure and they (the server, and the players if you want them to see you) also have the same .pk3 you use.
I'm not sure you can change the "default model", at least there isn't much interest in it, just switch to the skin you want the usual way.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Noob Sauce
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 07:24:54 PM »

What I mean is that on a pure server (basically all of them) i default back to sarge. Also I'm having some trouble with the lightning gun.
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 08:56:02 PM »

ok, so you want to change the default from sarge, to a different model. As far as I know, you can't do that Sad.

What kind of problems are you having with the lightning gun? You can try messing around with this command:
/cg_truelightning
"0.0" is default

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
Noob Sauce
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 03:04:02 PM »

Basically it goes all over the place, like it'll swing left or right for some reason rather than going forward.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 03:10:32 PM »

Basically it goes all over the place, like it'll swing left or right for some reason rather than going forward.
That is how it is supposed to be.

You can enable Delag in options and play on unlagged servers if you want it to go forward. You can also set cg_truelightning = 1.0, but that will only make it look like the beam goes forward.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: