Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone to build 0.8.0 for Mac ?  (Read 65192 times)
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2008, 10:36:44 AM »

ok, so i'll build this one.

but i still don't know what's the matter with the dedicated server bins. will have to check again.
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2008, 11:07:47 AM »

Built again, managed to get the ded server bin built for both intel and ppc.

as i noticed a couple of tentatives ago, the script drops the oa_ded.ppc in release-darwin-ub and not in the release-darwin-ppc. Do you know if there is a reason for that odd behavior?

I'm attaching a working make-macosx-ub.sh file. i left that strange behavior in it. You'll need to edit it to match your libogg/libvorbis/libvorbisfile configuration (i explained that in a doc about a year ago, it should be around somewere, will probably republish it soon in an updated form).

now i'll relink the libs, do some test and upload the engine.
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2008, 11:24:32 AM »

done it.  everything seems to be working on both 10.5 (g4) and 10.4 (g3) and networking between the two systems and the internet works too. mission pack works, but lots of things are broken (but i suppose that's already known).

i got this screen two times: firstly, on the server, trying to join a missionpack game using a non missionpack client, secondly on the client, trying to join a missionpack game (with missionpack enabled on the client too) without changing the default configuration. i think that the second time the problem was caused by the default config, that doesn't call to a model that isn't recognized by missionpack.

will now package everything and upload in a few minutes.
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2008, 11:49:20 AM »

finished.

mac engine (client and server), for 10.4/10.5 (may work on 10.3.9 too), intel and ppc (intel is untested), in a mac-like application on a nice dmg, complete with installation instructions.

Enjoy!

http://www.jazzmobile.it/jackoverfull/games/openarena/oamac080.dmg.gz
Timedude
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2008, 07:10:43 PM »

Hey! jackoverfull, thanks for getting to compiling this! After seeing the large amount of other buggy releases, I had decided to just wait for you to post your build... I'll test it out and let you know how it works as soon as I complete the download of all the other files I need. Thanks again, man!

-Timedude
nocturne
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2008, 07:24:56 PM »

Thank you very much, Jack! Seems rather slower to load than 0.7.7 on my G4, but so far no functional problems. Thanks, again!
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2008, 06:38:04 AM »

Hi,
I was planning to repackage OA 0.8 with Mac/Win/Linux versions.
Should I join the .dmg.gz, or unzip it, or would there be a more appropriate format to use ?

Todo: Walk the cat.
Timedude
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2008, 03:26:42 PM »

Yep, works fine on mine too!

-Timedude
roflsours
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2008, 06:37:31 PM »

Thanks, works great on my end (10.5)
kick52

Cakes -1

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2008, 01:16:54 AM »

Hi,
I was planning to repackage OA 0.8 with Mac/Win/Linux versions.
Should I join the .dmg.gz, or unzip it, or would there be a more appropriate format to use ?

.dmg with compression is pretty good/recognized.
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2008, 11:51:28 AM »

yes, but if you're going to do a single release for all3 platforms it's better to take only the engine, not the whole .dmg.

Just take this file, extract the "OpenArena.app" folder and put it in the same folder of "baseoa".
Linux and windows users will probably see it as a folder, but it will appear a an application to mac users.

The mac has a built-in extractor for zip, gzip and bzip2 (and, obviusly, tar), every one of those will be fine.

------

I see that you already uploaded the whole package. No matter, if someone need OpenArena.app outside the dmg it's that file.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2008, 02:22:54 PM »

Hehe, sorry for being impatient Wink

Todo: Walk the cat.
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008, 03:37:53 PM »

no problem. ;-)