Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.8.0 Bugs/Remarks thread  (Read 72624 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 08:18:45 AM »

Issue in Windows98 SE with net_enabled cvar:
- You can set any value, and the value you set is what the cvar get... except when the value is between 0-4 (1,2,3) which for some reason ends in a value 9,10,11...

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
personman
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »

Overall I love the new version, but here are a few nitpicks I've noticed while testing:

Square artifact when rockets hit:

For some reason, the mouse2 zoom seems to be buggy until i use it a few times...then it straightens itself out. I'm on a linux machine, btw.

When running a listen-server, it seems that the flag-capture sound gets played twice...maybe this is what is meant by "chaotic sounds" on flag captures. In dedicated it doesn't seem to do this.

Bloom is pretty cool, but it seems to flicker unnaturally as I look around.

-Andy
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:37:37 AM by personman » Logged
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2008, 09:29:46 AM »

chaotic sound is in fact slowed down sound, as explained by damocles, it's SDL related.
With OpenAL though, there is a similar issue which is the one you mention : sound is played twice.

The square you notice are noticeable too while shooting with minigun, particularly well with a high britghtness setting and a dark background.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2008, 11:13:16 AM »

With simple items turned on(/cg_simpleitems 1), it allows you to see the new guns(chaingun, mines, nailgun) through walls. This includes their ammunition. Also, the simpleitem chaingun does not have an ammunition icon. When I think of more, I will let you know.

also, no mac version D: D:

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
personman
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2008, 05:01:09 AM »

I think I've found a crash/hardlock bug in OA while modding:

If you start a listen-server CTF game, enter: /team follow1 or /team follow2, the game hangs, and then if you click a mouse button, it hard locks.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2008, 08:22:49 AM »

With OA 0.8.0, I can't reproduce your bug. I started a CTF game from the game menu. I also tried joining a CTF server. These commands work well. Cheesy

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2008, 08:32:28 AM »

I can confirm them

There are nothing offending in my posts.
personman
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2008, 08:35:57 AM »

OK, when I get a minute I'll see if I can reproduce it from a clean 0.8.0 or the server-hotfix. The latter is what I think I tested with, but I'll double-check.

Update: Oh OK, just glad I haven't sent anyone on a wild-goose chase.
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2008, 11:32:17 AM »

I'm on a laptop
=|
Oh for the record I get 200+fps in OA 0.7.6 and 0.8.0, my P2 233 system gets 30fps, which isn't far off the same performance it gets with stock Quake3 1.11

i know im late but @.@
Did you reconfigure your maxfps setting to 250?

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
<< ME >>
i claim to be leilol and i think every forum is a public and free speech venue

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2008, 10:05:46 AM »

bah... ur always late Hitman.... =P

"uh.. FREE SPEECH?? does it make any sense to you??
Deleting posts and locking topics is just the same as banning"
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2008, 11:25:39 AM »

bah... ur always late Hitman.... =P

Thank you ME-mon..but im still waiting for an answer? :-O I wanna be 200+ fps toooooo!

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
epicgoo

Cakes 5

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2008, 12:25:39 AM »

after vid_restart(video restart with or without /vid_restart) graphics becomes borked. though it is not an openarena thing. It is related to ioq3(this started after some revision)
ati-linux
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2008, 05:36:36 AM »

I just add these topics :

Joe le Kiffeur
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2008, 08:55:05 AM »

I just add these topics :

I confirm the problem under Windows XP too.
When I want to launch multiplayer menu, servers doesn't appear, but when I refresh, it appears.
I note also lags (ping is between 75 and 95 ms) with several servers. It's unplayable, even though a 2Mb/s ADSL connexion.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2008, 12:59:53 PM »

@Joe, your issue with servers not appearing seems different. Maybe it has to do with UDP, if server discovery is made using this protocol, there is no way to ensure packets are received.

dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2008, 11:51:42 AM »

Other bugs:

- If you press ESC when you are connected to a server and the map changes, the connection is interrupted. It can happen for example when trying to type a message (t) when the game ended and then pressing esc to cancel. Anyway, it's a problem; also in 0.7.7.
- The normal settings are "display = full screen" for the default mod and also for the defrag mod. If I toggle it in the default mod (sorry, don't know how to call it) and then I activate the defrag mod, the display is black. Works fine after the application is restarted.. I can investigate more if you are interested, I probably missed some details.

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2008, 07:59:07 PM »

- If you press ESC when you are connected to a server and the map changes, the connection is interrupted. It can happen for example when trying to type a message (t) when the game ended and then pressing esc to cancel. Anyway, it's a problem; also in 0.7.7.
It's a feature Wink ESC key is used to cancel current connection ... just do not press it to cancel your talk Wink It's useful sometimes when you connect to a server which forces download of files you don't want.
- The normal settings are "display = full screen" for the default mod and also for the defrag mod. If I toggle it in the default mod (sorry, don't know how to call it) and then I activate the defrag mod, the display is black. Works fine after the application is restarted.. I can investigate more if you are interested, I probably missed some details.
Call it vanilla, or baseoa ... or default Wink
I think mod switching has always been an issue, best is to quit OA and start it again after running one.

---

• I have another issue with sounds, sometimes I don't hear every time when my team gets back the flag after it was left in nature (without being brought back) and in fact any event with flag being taken is sometimes muted. I use OpenAL with Windows XP. I'm not sure it happened in older versions. If someone can confirm ...

epicgoo

Cakes 5

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2008, 10:55:17 PM »

missing faces after vid_restart
Schnauzer
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2008, 03:51:22 PM »

Hi all,

sorry if this bug has been already reported, but its quite annoying Sad

I think it stared after version 0.7.1, and its still present in 0.8.0, at least for me...

When I try to connect to a server on which is player with Sarge/Classic model already connected, the strange error appears.

That happen also when I try to choose same player model.

Debug output is:

Code:

WARNING: reused image textures/flares/flarey.tga with mixed glWrapClampMode parm
WARNING: reused image textures/flares/wide.tga with mixed glWrapClampMode parm
Leg skin load failure: models/players/sarge/lower_classic_blue.skin
Torso skin load failure: models/players/sarge/upper_classic_blue.skin
Head skin load failure: models/players/sarge/classic/head_blue.skin
Failed to load skin file: sarge : classic, sarge : classic
Failed to load skin file: Pagans : sarge : classic, sarge : classic
Failed to load skin file: Pagans/ : sarge : classic, sarge : classic
ERROR: DEFAULT_TEAM_MODEL / skin (sarge/classic) failed to register

and after that server kicks me.

I'm using Linux (FC8 64-bit). The funny thing is that everything is ok under Windows XP/Vista.

Any hints?

ps: sorry again if I repeated well known bug (I couldn't find it anywhere)
hxa7241
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2008, 04:41:36 AM »

Both the machinegun and shotgun are missing a layer in their impact visual effect -- on 0.7.7 there are three: dent/mark, smaller slower explosion, and larger faster explosion -- 0.8.0 is missing the larger faster explosion

And both rockets and grenades have very quiet impact/explosion sounds.

(Mac version (on 2008-01/Alu Mac))
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2008, 04:56:57 AM »

Re: team_model.

Yea, looks like some files are missing from 071 and removed from 080.

Just set team_model to grism/default

I don't know how this could happen unless the server contains files you dont, or is using a mod. I get the same issue on ufreeze. If that does not work you will need to use the cg_forcemodel thing. I think you should be setting grism as default and not sarge.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 04:59:05 AM by missbehaving » Logged
Joe le Kiffeur
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2008, 11:25:12 AM »

I installed the newest version under Ubuntu 8.04.1 via GetDeb, and I don't see the mission pack mod! Is it implemented under GNU/Linux?
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2008, 02:51:51 PM »

I installed the newest version under Ubuntu 8.04.1 via GetDeb, and I don't see the mission pack mod! Is it implemented under GNU/Linux?
Just check your files list in OA installation directory. There should be a missionpack dir. Are you sure you use 0.8 ? (bottom right corner while game is launched). You can select missionpack in the main menu of the game, it's between "demos" and "mods". Otherwise your .deb has been badly made or is not 0.8.

Schnauzer
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2008, 05:16:27 PM »

Yea, looks like some files are missing from 071 and removed from 080.

Just set team_model to grism/default

I don't know how this could happen unless the server contains files you dont, or is using a mod. I get the same issue on ufreeze. If that does not work you will need to use the cg_forcemodel thing. I think you should be setting grism as default and not sarge.

Thanks m8, I'll try that for sure. The bug is pretty annoying (specially in the middle of fight Smiley
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2008, 01:14:02 PM »

Bug with bots:
If you have different positions for CTF flags and Double Domination Points and marked them with the gametype entity key bots won't understand it. I saw a bot carrying the flag of my team to the domination spawn point (with no flag/base there) and waiting to capture.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: