Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: werewof head  (Read 6844 times)
white haired boy
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« on: December 01, 2006, 02:02:51 PM »

hi,

in a previous post leileilol told me that 1024 was the maximum number of vertexes the engine could handle per portion of a model. this sounded like a fair bit of detail could be crammed into a model and i was curious to see what that would look like, so i've been experimenting.

i've attached a blend of a werewolf head that i've been playing around with. it started life as the lycanthrope model from nexuiz, but i've hacked it around so much that it looks very different now. it's a bit rough and it's only got 1192 vertexes, but it gives me an idea of how much detail i can pack in. i'm also working on a human head that i took from a model made by makehuman. i'm going to tidy up all the uneccessary bits and reduce the vertex count down to 1024 and see what that looks like.

i know this kind of stuff is impractical for openarena, but i'm interested to see what the ioquake3 engine is capable of if pushed.

white haired boy.

white haired boy
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »

done a bit more work on it, now it's below the 1024 vertex count.

still needs a lot of work, but it's getting closer. i'm learning a lot about blender in the process. i'm going to try and export it to md3 and stick it in a character model.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: