Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No auto update 0.8.0  (Read 5809 times)
opdonder
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: August 18, 2008, 09:01:58 AM »

I've installed openarena 0.7 under ubuntu 8.04. But the website says 0.8.0 is out already
still my auto update says 0.7 is the newest version. Also when i go to System > Administration > Package Manager
and i look up there it also says 0.7 is the newest version and i also can't force the version.

Anyone a idea how to upgrade it to 0.8.0 so i can play the newest version?
Sharpflame
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 02:02:45 PM »

Go to the main website (http://www.openarena.ws), and click "Files" on the left. There, you should be able to find it. Just download the .zip and the folder somewhere, then run the openarena.exe in there.

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 04:54:33 AM »

You have 2 ways to install under Ubuntu.

Either you wait for the package to be released, and it'll take time (you may check their bug reporting system to see if they got some notifications about outdated version).

Either you install OA manually, unzip it in a custom directory, such as /usr/local/games, or /opt
It won't install you the shortcuts, but you could make some yourself Wink

Todo: Walk the cat.
opdonder
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 05:40:44 AM »

You have 2 ways to install under Ubuntu.

Either you wait for the package to be released, and it'll take time (you may check their bug reporting system to see if they got some notifications about outdated version).

Either you install OA manually, unzip it in a custom directory, such as /usr/local/games, or /opt
It won't install you the shortcuts, but you could make some yourself Wink

ah ok tnx
i thought 0.8.0 was official out already cause of the files.
i will make myself a shortcut ^^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: