Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Information!  (Read 11449 times)
Absinthe
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: July 27, 2009, 01:38:38 PM »

Hi guys,

I never write here...Maybe lots of you should know me, anyhow i'm Absinthe / Magic! .

I just want to ask you a thing... I play CTF and Tourney, and i'm used to meet very good player.
Now the point is...

Sometimes i meet player that are able to kill me in less than 5 seconds with LG while i'm full charged of Life and Armor... How the Hell this is possible?
And i know they're just good... No cheats for sure ( I hope )

For Example : I was fighting Super Tony, he were respawning and i was full of life and armor. Well i hit him with LG, then he turned, and killed me with LG.... in a very quickie way..
Same for a player called "Steumoule?"

- Magic! -
dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 05:09:28 PM »

Sometimes i meet player that are able to kill me in less than 5 seconds with LG while i'm full charged of Life and Armor... How the Hell this is possible?
And i know they're just good... No cheats for sure ( I hope )

For Example : I was fighting Super Tony, he were respawning and i was full of life and armor. Well i hit him with LG, then he turned, and killed me with LG.... in a very quickie way..
Same for a player called "Steumoule?"
Maximum lg damage for 1 second is:
8 units * (1000 ms / 50 ms) = 160 units
http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Quake3/items_weapon.html

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 05:58:29 PM »

Maximum lg damage for 1 second is:
8 units * (1000 ms / 50 ms) = 160 units
http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Quake3/items_weapon.html

This is valid only for VQ3 ... it's not the same with unlagged.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »

This is valid only for VQ3 ... it's not the same with unlagged.
The theoretical damage is the same but it is much easier aiming and actually dealing 160 damage a second with the 0.8.1 implementation of unlagged.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »

The theoretical damage is the same but it is much easier aiming and actually dealing 160 damage a second with the 0.8.1 implementation of unlagged.

I start to think that unlagged is a problem and can be exploited in one way or another : I've spected , recorded .... many players hitting , destroying their opponents while crosshair was neither exactly over their enemy.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 08:07:33 PM »

I start to think that unlagged is a problem and can be exploited in one way or another : I've spected , recorded .... many players hitting , destroying their opponents while crosshair was neither exactly over their enemy.

couldn't this be because of different cg_truelightning values?
rashdawg
Half-Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 08:24:14 PM »

Yeah I think this is because you might be watching the servers view of the client or something to that effect, but I have no actual knowledge of how the spectating system works.  I always notice 200 pingers hitting rail shots where the player is 10-20 feet away from where it says they are aiming when spectating.  Their client says the player is where they shot, but in reality they took that shot at the location of the player 200ms before they shot.  Unlagged makes it more playable for higher pings, so I guess its a good thing if you are a high ping.

TheWorstOAPlayer aka RashDawg
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 01:30:39 AM »

The spectator effect is described here: http://www.ra.is/unlagged/faq.html#WDTRSLTOWIS

There are nothing offending in my posts.
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 04:57:40 AM »

cg_truelightning only affects what you see on screen (client-side), it has no effect whatsoever on the physics (server-side).
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 10:58:31 AM »

cg_truelightning only affects what you see on screen (client-side), it has no effect whatsoever on the physics (server-side).

yes, i know. i meant that it looked off at the client spectating while it was dead on target.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: