Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: unpure client detected  (Read 8154 times)
Stoner
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: August 27, 2008, 05:15:14 PM »

I get this error with every server I try to connect to except "Beer Garden"

I am running openarena-0.7.7

Is know this is probably because the servers are running in pure mode but other players are playing on these servers.

Any solutions would be appreciated !

Stoner Out
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 06:33:55 PM »

This is probably because you modified (or overwrote) some .pk3 in your OA installation directory.

Can you check you have default .pk3 ?

(You may consider updating to 0.8.0 Cheesy)

I'm not sure, but other (and similar) reason could be, you've got an additionnal .pk3 in your home directory which overwrites files present on default .pk3, you should then remove this pk3.

Todo: Walk the cat.
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 12:36:13 AM »

admins could put extra stuff in mods or baseoa which you download and then your client is unpure because it is finding files it doesn't expect. It's easily done so that's why I asked the question about changing the folder name in the clients home folder so people dont go trashing default names for mods. Same thing will happen on 0.8.0. Jack Thompson answered my question on RN forums If it's a mod I just stick an x at the end of the mod name, eg. ufreezex. You can always delete the mod folder (save your config) then let the server auto-download.

I'm not sure if it can happen the other way round if extra paks exist on the server and you have auto download off.  I did try and speak to people about using standard files and communicate a little if people are adding stuff like bright models but fell on deaf ears. If we done that then more people would feel inclined to enable pure.
Stoner
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 05:29:44 PM »

I upgraded to 0.8.0 and all the servers give me a "client /server game mismatch" error.

I imagine this is because the server is running a different version than 0.8.0 ?

Sigh.....I cant even play Beer Garden now.

Stoner out!

Stoner
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 07:13:52 PM »

OK    My file directory was messed up, I reinstalled 0.8.0 and all is well.

:cool:

Stoner Out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: