Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *DISCONTINUED* My first attempt to build a map: am_labyrinth (Issue inside)  (Read 10477 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: August 29, 2008, 10:49:36 AM »

I've tried to make a map, in my first steps, coming from Unreal Editor (and with all the trouble it implies) but I have an issue with textures: in GTKRadiant (I use 1.5.0) it shows aligned textures, but ingame the same textures are shrunk.
I attach in the zip the .map file and the other files the compiler generates. :/

I had some ideas I used to make some Unreal Tournament and UT2004 maps, I'm realizing an 1on1 arena in my spare time.

http://www.onykage.com/files/armageddonman/published/mine/am_labyrinth.zip
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:55:57 PM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Sharpflame
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 06:35:37 PM »

For a first map, this is excellent, you seem to be using patches which I didn't figure out until a few months of mapping.

Of course, I doubt a deathmatch could be played on this because it's just thin hallways and stuff, but keep up the work.

Reason why those textures are shrunk is because you're using the fs_game missionpack; don't use it. If you wanna add missionpack entities, just memorize its entity name and type it in on any entity's class.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 08:07:47 PM »

I've found the error, with LavaArena happened also.
And it has nothing to do with missionpack or baseoa, maybe some thing of the GTKR.
I promise I'll do a better version.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 12:31:38 PM by |TXC| Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Sharpflame
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 08:53:16 PM »

Oh, well using missionpack for fs_game in gtk made the textures break for me, anyway.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 09:08:39 PM »

I'm now using the q3map2build frontend to do the compiling work, instead of the internal GTKR compiling options.
And, for me, it works.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 12:06:58 PM »

LOL, the old days.

Re-uploaded, just for availability. Though I can reform this one, I'd choose not to. It's just a first map...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: