Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Awaiting Gamestate....  (Read 8698 times)
skynardlynard
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: August 28, 2008, 10:25:33 PM »

I get the 'awaiting gamestate' issue, and nothing else.

i also have this problem in Q3 arena, i cant connect to any of my friends, or my friends cant connect to my game.

i dont know if its a firewall issue or what, what do i need to do?

i look up my IP on the internet, just by googling my IP, i look at my IP under my wireless settings, and they dont even match.

i dont know where to begin, but any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks!

edit- my brother and i both DL'd openarena today, at the same time, so we both have the same version.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 10:35:00 PM by skynardlynard » Logged
yasha
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Did thunder hit my head?

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 01:32:33 AM »

try downloading serverfix, at http://download.tuxfamily.org/openarena/rel/080/oa080-serverfix.zip, it worked to me.

And dont forget to make new files executable. Properties -> permissions -> Allow executing file as program
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 01:34:06 AM by yasha » Logged

... Am I in desert? ...
damocles
Bigger member

Cakes 0

May cause drowsiness

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 12:38:53 PM »

Lynard (rawk), it seems to be a common problem, but Google says nobody really knows what causes it.  One of the closest things has been blocking auth servers (dev1ance.net/forum), but this was for 1.11, and can/will break 1.32, and networking fixes have already been applied in old revisions.

You may wish to check your network settings, firewall, malware, etc., but all this seems to be a shotgun approach, because it's something really hard to troubleshoot, let alone as a third party.  (I suspect that a router breaks packets somewhere, maybe when it's not supposed to, or maybe because that's the "right" thing to do, but I really don't know.)

Of course, it could also be something really obvious, and nobody's replied yet. Smiley

Hope you can figure something out.  If you need some basic / general information on networking, http://portforward.com/ has some stuff.

Good luck.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 05:13:23 PM »

i look up my IP on the internet, just by googling my IP, i look at my IP under my wireless settings, and they dont even match.
Hmm, can it be because you've got a private address (for your LAN, given by your router) and a public address (the one used on the internet) ? Wink
If so, normal to have 2 address ... [ addresses ? how do we mark plural in english ? Tongue ]

For your problem with OA, yasha gave you some fix you have to apply.

Todo: Walk the cat.
pimontenegro
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 07:27:54 PM »

I have the same problem.. i installed the fix on windows and it works fine..
But i need to install on ubuntu.. im no a linux user so i dont now how to do this.. can anyone help me?
I dont see any deb file in the fix file...

Please can anyone tell how to install the fix on linux please?

Thanks!
yasha
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Did thunder hit my head?

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 01:23:52 AM »

It's same. Download serverfix from above, and just replace .i386 files if you have 32-bit processor, or .x86_64 if you have 64-bit processor. I replaced all files, even if i use only x86_64 version.

... Am I in desert? ...
skynardlynard
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 08:23:37 AM »

Lynard (rawk), it seems to be a common problem, but Google says nobody really knows what causes it.  One of the closest things has been blocking auth servers (dev1ance.net/forum), but this was for 1.11, and can/will break 1.32, and networking fixes have already been applied in old revisions.

You may wish to check your network settings, firewall, malware, etc., but all this seems to be a shotgun approach, because it's something really hard to troubleshoot, let alone as a third party.  (I suspect that a router breaks packets somewhere, maybe when it's not supposed to, or maybe because that's the "right" thing to do, but I really don't know.)

Of course, it could also be something really obvious, and nobody's replied yet. Smiley

Hope you can figure something out.  If you need some basic / general information on networking, http://portforward.com/ has some stuff.

Good luck.

thats it right there!
ive been having troubles with my damn router not being ported properly.

thanks for the website referal, she helped out greatly.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: