Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brutal Destruction  (Read 11604 times)
odigo
Nub

Cakes 3

« on: September 08, 2008, 09:01:23 PM »

Hey all, I was talked in to putting up a server again.  You can thank Penna for that.  This time it's XBattle, another unlagged/unlaggable mod.  Take a few minutes and read through all of the different options you have: http://clanarena.org/arena/xbattle-client-readme/

A few helpful commands to get you started are here:

/cl_allowdownload 1 (obviously you need the mod files and a few new maps)
/cg_delag 1
/cg_enemymodel "sarge/pm"
/cg_enemycolors "2222"  - this will give a bright green  (can be seen @ www.odigowned.com/xbattle.jpg )
2222 is green all around, but you can pick any number, or letter for that matter, so your colors can truly be your own.

The sounds are different from what you may be used to, but overall they are OK.  I urge you to try it out and feel free to post back here with suggestions or other comments.  I'm still working on getting the config just right so bear with me, thanks.

I have heard one complaint of the server not showing up on the master/multiplayer in-game browser, so if you have trouble you can also connect with /connect brutal.no-ip.org:27961

Odigo

ps - thank you chiq/missbehaving for all your help in getting it running
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 06:49:59 PM by odigo » Logged
Penna
Nub

Cakes -1

BRUTAL

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 09:25:49 PM »

Do yourself a favor and check this server out. XBattle feels much smoother than NoGhost and the map rotation is very solid. Oh, and XBattle has a very clean interface, including detailed stats at the end of each round.
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 09:09:20 AM »

nice promo, odigo! what will the max # of players will be on your server?

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
odigo
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 12:43:13 PM »

right now it's set for 14 normal player spots and 2 private.  not trying to criticize alma for having 24 (i think?) but that is too much
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 07:00:44 AM »

I will definitely try your server out Cheesy
thanks odigo!

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
odigo
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:15:56 AM »

A couple more commands to make it feel better, thanks to sns and rag for pointing out the need to let people know:

/pmove_fixed 0  (also /cg_pmove_fixed 0 - to be doubly sure)
/pmove_msec 8 (also /cg_pmove_msec 8 - to be doubly sure)

I will try and post a short video of last nights games with me and penna facing off against sns and rag, to show you guys the visual customization options.  Or I may just run through a few that I think are worth noting.

Now for the more urgent business (I guess), since there has been little traffic besides myself, penna, and packard on the server with xbattle, I plan on leaving it as is through this coming weekend (ending 9/14/08 at night).  If there are still no players on it, I will abandon xbattle and try again with noghost.

I also believe the lightning gun damage of 8 per cell, in association with 0 ping aiming, makes it very overpowered, so I will be reducing the damage to either 5 or 6, don't know which just yet though.

-Odigo
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 08:30:39 PM »

- blah
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 05:32:54 PM by missbehaving » Logged
odigo
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 08:07:36 PM »

thanks MB Grin  made sure both of those were in the config.  for anyone who wants to check out what some of the visual changes in xbattle can look like, i put up a streaming video (wmv / wmp9) of a fairly good 3v3 game.

http://www.odigowned.com/1see.html  to view it

-odigo
rashdawg
Half-Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 11:30:05 AM »

Man I like that it shows the amount of ammo on the screen for all the guns.  Then I would not pull out a weapon with 1 ammo and have to quickly switch to something else.  As long as it has my normal + crosshair then its good.  I agree with your max of 14 public and 2 private.  A good ctf game should have no more than 8 people to a team.

TheWorstOAPlayer aka RashDawg
Penna
Nub

Cakes -1

BRUTAL

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 12:14:03 PM »

By the way, our forum is still open to those who have suggestions for the server. We are also interested in some organized scrims, so please request some in the appropriate forum.
odigo
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 08:21:30 AM »

UPDATE:  reduced lightning gun damage to 4, down from 6, down from the default 8.  with the mod giving you "0" ping with hitscan weapons (rail, lg, shotgun, machinegun) 8 was insanely powerful and would kill in less than a second, 6 was not much better. 

Rash:  for the weaponlist the command is /ch_weaponswitch 8 or 5  and you can change the font size of your ammo count with /cf_weaponlist make it whatever size you want.  Also have /cg_enableBattleHUD 1 for all of these visuals.
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 03:04:58 PM »

- edit -

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 04:15:52 PM by missbehaving » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: