Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'd like to contribute some sounds.  (Read 15103 times)
personman
« on: June 26, 2008, 04:12:06 PM »

I've been playing with a couple replacement sounds for flag captures and flag losses...A raunchy distorted victory riff for captures and a bluesy clean "mwerp mwerp mwerrrrrp" kinda sound for flag losses. How might I release them if I'd be interested in having them considered for inclusion? Can I GPL them? I could write out the tablature and equipment I've used, if that counts as source or not, I'm not sure... Just curious.

They are nothing spectacular, but I think an improvement on the current sounds.

I might also be interested in doing some instrumental video game music in the future,

-Andy

Here they are so you can check them out and see if it's worthwhile, for now they are just copyright, when/if I get some info, I'll open them up:

http://anarchismtoday.org/Downloads/details/id=14.html

Edit: Perhaps I could include them in a GPL along with a map I'm working on?

Also, any feedback would be appreciated, I could possibly dress them up a bit with some bass and drums...if you need any other little musical fills for anything I could give it a shot too.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 06:45:16 PM by personman » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 02:49:55 AM »

These are cool though the victory could use a little bit of percussion to add some oomph.

You're missing 'flag returned' ditty.

better than my ditties!

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 04:40:28 AM »

I so want to commit these to the SVN Sad

personman
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 03:04:55 PM »

Have at it. Smiley

I've updated them(same URL), remixed the volume to hopefully be more consistent, and added bass and drums, also left the old one in, in case my bass playing and drumming isn't all that hot. Added a little ditty for flag returns as well. I put them under the GNU GPL v2.

Thanks for the kind feedback. Smiley

Hope people like them, this is exciting!

-Andy
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 12:24:56 AM »

They're committed Smiley!
Though I had to normalize the drop and return sounds a bit so they could be heard.

doveraudio
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 08:21:58 PM »

hey, i just joined your site personman,  - um, are you linux or win, ??
i make crazy vsts that you may have a lot of fun with... in the future i'll be making java music software, but i'd like to contribute a bit to your efforts, as you're already in the process of doing this stuff... and i'm busy alot with studying and stuff.....
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 12:00:48 PM »

(quote from another board and this one seems more on topic for what i have to say)

- engine binaries will remain in the same protocol as 0.8.0
- there will be 'legacy' engine binaries based from the 0.7.1 source code, and using old protocol 68. There will be a very big disclaimer about the use of these binaries being NOT SUPPORTED by the OA team. Maybe this will be a seperate release?
- Hit sounds will be redone
- Sorceress will get a default skin
- Any extra stuff in the SVN commits thread will be present.

Deadline unknown.

if it is ok to use audacity and some of its filters (i do not know much about legal stuff)

http://jessicara.co.uk/src/dl/hitsound.zip

i also tried a railgun sound but free sources without having a microphone kinda limited it so it is not decent because there is a limit to what can be done in pure synth.

i can't figure out if it is decent, i can hear it over all weapons while playing but if there is other new sounds in 0.8.1 i can't be sure, maybe would just need a pitch change tho.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: