Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitor out of range?  (Read 5507 times)
DeathCrypt
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: September 29, 2008, 03:25:28 PM »

Hi i've just recently got OpenArena and I managed to install it pretty well. The only problem is that whenever I run it my screen says "monitor out of range". I've only got a tacky 1024 x 768 monitor but I can run pretty much any game made today on medium settings and I can here sound coming from it. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 10:25:02 PM »

Hi i've just recently got OpenArena and I managed to install it pretty well. The only problem is that whenever I run it my screen says "monitor out of range". I've only got a tacky 1024 x 768 monitor but I can run pretty much any game made today on medium settings and I can here sound coming from it. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Try opening a command prompt, cd to the OpenArena directory in Program Files and run:
Code:
openarena.exe +set r_mode -1 +set r_customwidth 1024 +set r_customheight 768

After it starts, you can type `/quit<enter> (the first character is an inverse apostrophe, at the left of the "1" key) to quit the game.

Once it works, change the configuration file and set those 3 variables to the values which worked for you. ~/Application Data/Open Arena/baseoa/q3config.cfg if I'm not mistaken. I'm assuming you use Windows.

PS good to hear people still download OpenArena Wink

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: