Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Hak] Stilgar's Concept Thread - New: Mana  (Read 15265 times)
Stilgar
« on: October 14, 2008, 09:29:38 PM »

While I was digging up some of my textures from my other computer, I happened to run across this thing I'd done for my defunct Doom engine mod.  It's a sprite drawing, but maybe the concept could serve as a basis for one of the Necromancer's (or maybe Demoness') weapons?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:07:02 AM by fromhell » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 09:30:39 PM »

Batstaff? Powered up shot shoots out bats? Like a bat out of hell!!!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 09:33:50 PM by leilol » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Stilgar
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 09:41:52 PM »

Hmmm.  Well, my name for it back in the old mod was "Gorgon's Eye" and then later on "Eye of Sekthys" or something like that.  The Gorgon's Eye name wouldn't fit because it revolved around an entirely different concept of function though.  Rename it if you like, though "Batstaff" sounds kind of... odd.

I did think it could power up and summon bats for the Necromancer though. Tongue
epicgoo

Cakes 5

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 12:44:26 AM »

it looks cute Smiley
jute
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 09:25:17 AM »

That sprite would be great for a FreeHeretic/Hexen project.
Stilgar
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 09:42:34 AM »

That sprite would be great for a FreeHeretic/Hexen project.
Maybe.  I was never sure with wielded weapon sprites if I was getting the perspective right or not.
Stilgar
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 02:22:03 PM »

Mana gem concepts:

The blue mana gem has a large central crystal with a scalloped pattern bearing eight smaller crystals. I've drawn a sperical gem in some of the pictures, but for polycount reasons, it will probably be a hexagonal or octagonal cut gem in-game.  The gem setting is made of dark metal, with a bright, shiny ring of silver bordering the main crystal. Around the edge of the blue mana gem are glowing blue "runes" (not authentic Viking runes, but those angular nonsense letters I make on my textures and stuff, like the examples show.)  The main crystal sticks out from the setting when viewed from the side, the others don't, or do less so.  Around each of the subordinate crystals are more runes/squiggles.

The green mana gem has a central green crystal the same size as the central crystal of the blue mana gem.  The setting, however, is spiked instead of scalloped, with four large spikes in a spider leg configuration, and four smaller ones in a star-type pattern.  Like with the blue mana gem, it has small runes/squiggles, but they're probably only on the front/back faces rather than on the sides this time.

The combined mana gem is a fusion of the blue and green designs, configured vaguely like an infinity symbol.  The green mana component is on top, as it's the "higher" form of mana, and retains the larger spikes, but with the bottom pair spread to accomodate the blue gem beneath it.

And yeah, I apologize for the sloppiness, I'm painting these with my mouse seeing as my old scanner refused to work after I went to the trouble of digging it out... ~_~;
epicgoo

Cakes 5

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 03:07:18 PM »

it looks nice
o_O I thought you used a tablet
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 11:35:13 PM »

Eriance did draw some mana, and the blue mana got in. here's a shot of it ingame, modeled

Stilgar
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 12:32:08 AM »

That looks good.  Is there any progress list somewhere of what's done/not done/partly done or concepted?
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 01:20:42 AM »

Not yet. I should make one though Sad I'd like to at least tackle on the player classes and medusa with eriance though

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: