Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rail sound  (Read 11003 times)
dash9

Cakes 6

« on: October 15, 2008, 07:29:22 PM »

I just noticed it's shorter than the rail reload time, and in Q3 it's exactly the same duration. It would be wonderful if the rail sound would be longer, so you can hear when you can shoot again.

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
Jeff Vader Jr.
Nub

Cakes 0

TEACH ME!

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 03:25:03 PM »

Yeah...sort of a "ping" sound would be nice. And no humming in the back when it is not being used.

Jeff Vader Jr.
Former Star Wars Battlefront player
Openarena Player and wannabe Developer
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 05:09:50 AM »

the humming sound of the rail gun - is just like the sound from the lightning gun, a warning to other players nearby.
these weapons are powerful enough as they are, removing the sound would make them more "stealthy". imo this is a bad idea.

sound gives you lot of information when you play. at least if you play without loud music in your ears.
dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 05:37:43 AM »

Hi,

Actually, I was wrong, railgf1a.wav is longer than I thought, but due to rg_hum.wav, you can't hear the last part, unless you turn the volume up a lot. Can anyone hear the second part of railgf1a.wav, when playing OA?

Yeah...sort of a "ping" sound would be nice. And no humming in the back when it is not being used.
If the rail sound would be a ping, there will be problems distinguishing the hit sound, which I think is the one that should be a high-pitched ..ping, which you can distinguish easily anytime. It may be just a matter of personal preferences. Well, these are mine.

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: