Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Hak] Hub theme ideas  (Read 8319 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« on: October 17, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »

i've a headache today, so for my sake i'll make this quick. Is this hub idea progression good?

First hub, is a much loved medieval hub
6 maps big? 5? 4?
First level starts in front of a keep, but more inspired of Amulets & Armor design rather than Hexen
Wide courtyards,
statues everywhere
trees everywhere

Next hub, is some sort of desolate wasteland?
Lava exists here much, maybe some dark stone buildings here and there
architecture style undecided?
stalagmite ville

Romeric hub is really a large tall tower
3 maps long, go up the tower
the boss fight is at the top of the tower, roof probably, epic perhaps (falling hazard watch out)

The next hub continues after the tower has been crushed by destroyed boss
it collapses and opens some sort of path to some atlantean world, with water domes and such (like Heretic)
4 maps long, with the first map being the 'transition to get there' map, not a boring travel map though!

this hub is the snowy hub
there is an ice castle here
there's also some

the final hub is a really evil big epic massive fortress of some sort
epic church organny music building up toward the last level
where you face the big red guy whatever he might be
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:07:23 AM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
jute
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »

That sounds like a good plan to me.  I'm glad there will be some Heretic style water dome stuff, as well as an epic fortress episode.
Stilgar
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 11:56:52 AM »

First hub, is a much loved medieval hub
First level starts in front of a keep, but more inspired of Amulets & Armor design rather than Hexen
Wide courtyards,
statues everywhere
trees everywhere
Not much to say here, it's standard, but it's good.  Will the keep have some sort of neat means of breaking in?  Maybe not catapulting yourself over like in the original, but perhaps setting up a battering ram and then obliterating the door with it (if the engine can do something like that).

Next hub, is some sort of desolate wasteland?
Lava exists here much, maybe some dark stone buildings here and there
architecture style undecided?
stalagmite ville
Sort of a mix between Hexen wasteland and Heretic early E2?  Sounds cool.  Maybe replace those Mesoamerican heads with some other sort of stone head that would look cool here, skinned to look similar to the primary rock textures that get used and all.  Just have some standing lonely on a crag or stuff like that.

Romeric hub is really a large tall tower
Will it be a Romeric-themed tower, then?  With those style columns for supports and all?

atlantean world, with water domes and such (like Heretic)
How do you plan to do the domes without a skybox, will they be brushwork?  Maybe some subtle (not too overt) Lovecraftian influence here, like those elder1_* walls I submitted.

this hub is the snowy hub
there is an ice castle here
there's also some
Maybe some pine forest sort of stuff for the outdoors?  A big frozen cavern in the lowermost part of the hub?  Wolf-themed and/or Norse-influenced decor?

the final hub is a really evil big epic massive fortress of some sort
epic church organny music building up toward the last level
Lots of evil/hellish stuff here I hope.

where you face the big red guy whatever he might be
Hopefully Not Red, for starters, that looked really cheesy on both him and the Heretic gargoyles...

Overall it sounds pretty good, the main thing that comes to mind that would be cool that I don't see is someplace with lots of tombs & stuff, but maybe there could be a tomb level mixed into one of those other hubs (The medieval one?  The ice one?  The evil fortress?)
jute
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 07:41:43 AM »

So are these official then?  If so, once I finish the soundtrack for Blasphemer I can get started on this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: