Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena Tournament: my SP campaign  (Read 127784 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2009, 06:50:50 AM »

As everything, you have to learn if you want to map... :/
A great tuto I've found is the one @ leveldk. (http://www.leveldk.co.uk) Also, their designs are awesome.

pulchr, as Graion said, that map is large, and the hole in T3 should be filled with a space map. And it isn't a space map.

If the retexturizing can be done in the T5-T6 (a.k.a. Castle-style) map, it can replace oasago2 in T5, since is ideal for the big amount of players (6) that spot on the SP needs.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2009, 04:25:48 PM »

Added cosmo's oa_koth2 to SP.

Spacemap placeholder is there yet... remember: space platform map or something with void. No other kind of map for that placeholder.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2009, 09:07:00 AM »

* New bio for Neko, Gandorian Angels down to 4, each one with a different power. Tongue
* Changes in Tier 3 (added temporarily void4, until someone does a better space map NOTHING MORE) and Tier 6. (added oa_koth2 and oa_nemesis, dropped kaos2)

I'll be making the final file near the new version.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2009, 01:19:49 AM »

Neko does not have a 'yss' anymore. She's not a tribal native, she's a human born with a serious mental problem into thinking she's a cat in a human's body. Her appearance upgrades throughout the versions since 0.7.0 is from her purchasing more expensive implants and transplants from her arena-earned salary, dropping body paint to actual fur. Oh I should also mention she comes straight out of a ghetto prefecture in Japan. Come to think of it, that makes it five asian females in the game so far! OA needs more ethnic diversity.

I sort of came up with that one from excusing the comments like "WHY SO HUGE BOOBS" and "WHY THE ANIME EYES". They both are implants. She wanted to look like the animated catgirls on TV. She grew up reading Doraemon, and her favorite show is Tokyo Mew Mew, but those are trademarks so don't mention that.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
bill-----
Half-Nub

Cakes 8

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2009, 10:34:25 PM »

You made all that up, didn't you?  In fact, how do we know you didn't make that latest bit up *just now*?

Serious mental problem.  Implants.  ... Grr.  

Neko's just a nice cat girl. 

With big boobs.  Ok, HUGE boobs. 

Trying to get along in the world.  Ok, killing and maiming other players in an arena for money. 

I'll shut up now.  Now that my fantasy image of Neko is shattered,  thank you very much.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »

Changed Tiers... pulchr, I've found a place for your map. Cheesy
T1) Pulchr's pul1duel1 will be added here when he finishes his map. It'll replace sleekgrinder.
T5) Replaced ce1m7 with dm4ish. I'll retexture that map to fit. (oasago2/am_galmevish/ctf_inyard style) Also there will be changes to be made to that map.

Neko does not have a 'yss' anymore. She's not a tribal native, she's a human born with a serious mental problem into thinking she's a cat in a human's body. Her appearance upgrades throughout the versions since 0.7.0 is from her purchasing more expensive implants and transplants from her arena-earned salary, dropping body paint to actual fur. Oh I should also mention she comes straight out of a ghetto prefecture in Japan. Come to think of it, that makes it five asian females in the game so far! OA needs more ethnic diversity.

I sort of came up with that one from excusing the comments like "WHY SO HUGE BOOBS" and "WHY THE ANIME EYES". They both are implants. She wanted to look like the animated catgirls on TV. She grew up reading Doraemon, and her favorite show is Tokyo Mew Mew, but those are trademarks so don't mention that.
Well, I thought on it just to make her fit on the SP, calm yourself... Cheesy

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2009, 04:52:12 PM »

well, i'll have to get it done now then? Smiley

i should get some more free time in the coming week i hope...
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2009, 12:38:55 PM »

i was wondering about tier 3 "the space maps". i'm not that excited about void 4 and i have a partially completed ut3 map that i'm planning to convert and complete for openarena. what constitutes a map as being spacey enough for the space tier? i wasn't planning on having a dark skybox with stars and planets - but a clear day style with some clouds and overall bright lights. is that right off? :>

the map will have a skybox and players can be knocked off the map and fall to death. it will be a structure floating in the air or residing on a very high mountain.

i'm currently having the ut3 editor open and recreating the basic layout in gtkradiant =)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »

"it will be a structure floating in the air" that should be enough for a space map, Q3 has most of their maps that way. (look at T6 & T7 there, 5 space maps)

Anyways, could you put screenshots of your map?

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2009, 02:35:20 PM »

... i'm not that excited about void 4 ...

Neither me ... the gravity is set to 666 ( the default Q3/OA gravity value is 800 )
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:47:51 PM by Falkland » Logged
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2009, 09:09:20 AM »

Anyways, could you put screenshots of your map?

i'm at my parent's place now for a couple of weeks and i don't have ut3 installed here so unfortunately that's not possible. and on the other hand the map has taken another direction in the visual style so it's not really fitting in the space tier anymore. so it's not really a substitution for void 4 anyway.

but i'll give an alpha as soon as i'm satisfied with the overall layout and basic theme.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2009, 04:59:57 PM »

Great. ^^

Anyways, I think I've found the replacement for void4, if sago agrees...

http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=703.msg4684#msg4684

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2009, 08:47:42 PM »

Changes:
- Merman moved onto T4 as a normal bot. Assassin moved onto T1 as boss. Sergei moved onto T2 as normal player.
- Map changes: T2: blitzkrieg3 is the boss map. The other 3 maps (oa_dm3, am_lavaarena and am_underworks) will remain as normal maps. T3: found RedishF as an alternative to void4_1. T6: am_galmevish2 is the 1on1 map. The normal maps here will be oa_koth2, oa_nemesis and oa_dm1.

I'll release soon the files.

EDIT: Cosmo, I had a problem with the AI, in the difficulty "I Can Win" it's very strange seeing the bots shooting, like Crash on q3dm0. (In Q3 even Ranger on q3dm1 shooted in this difficulty :/)

cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2009, 06:17:51 AM »

I dont know what you are trying to tell me. Maybe Ayumi shoots completely at random which should be fixed. The rest seems okay for "I can win". Even my grandma should be able to win this.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2009, 08:20:49 AM »

Yep, but from what I've tried, (using OAXb41 rev143) I've noticed in most maps that bots mostly tend to shoot only when they have Quad. (!)
Maybe it isn't your fault and is something related with the AI system. Anyways, the idea on I Can Win is not to allow the easy victory. One or two frags to piss off people will be good. Cheesy

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2009, 12:13:18 PM »

Yep, but from what I've tried, (using OAXb41 rev143) I've noticed in most maps that bots mostly tend to shoot only when they have Quad. (!)
Maybe it isn't your fault and is something related with the AI system. Anyways, the idea on I Can Win is not to allow the easy victory. One or two frags to piss off people will be good. Cheesy

http://code.google.com/p/quake3-brainworks/ -> GPL3 project , better behaviour than ID bot (eg ... they can do REAL strafe jumpin , not as Spiterbots/CPMA bots that do it while artificially increasing g_speed ) ... I've tried to code into OAX but I had problems with some headers and all the MISSIONPACK related AI code seems to be missing ...

anyway I've got them working with OA as a mod with its own pk3 file : http://rainbow.furver.se/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1344
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2009, 12:24:42 PM »

more intelligent bots would be a very nice addition imo.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2009, 12:47:01 PM »

Unfortunately if those bots get into OA, then we'll run into license issues. (Which is something that brought problems in the past) Those bots are under GPLv3. :/

cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2009, 12:56:35 PM »

Seeing them in action is nice. We should ask the author to contribute to OA. He could dual release his code under GPL 2. Anybody?

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2009, 01:06:29 PM »

I'll support the motion.

cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2009, 02:47:57 AM »

Okay, if lei says yes, we could use better bot AI, I am going to send him an email and ask.

cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2009, 07:15:00 AM »

fromhell did not respond as usual. Sad
Anyway the author of Q3 Brainworkz is going to dual license his mod under GPLv2 in the next couple of days. We can use it then. Smiley

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2009, 07:49:29 AM »

Anyway the author of Q3 Brainworkz is going to dual license his mod under GPLv2 in the next couple of days. We can use it then. Smiley

very good news!
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2009, 08:34:11 AM »

Great news ... anyway the AI code is a bit different , some files are empty for mantaining compatibility and some files are completely new ; the code needs also to be revisioned to give AI support to MISSIONPACK because brainworks was originally conceived as a baseq3 mod.

Maybe the original author can help to explain how to do this in the best way.

Anyway ... having brainworks bots in the game will be for sure a great improvement for the game Smiley
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2009, 08:09:25 AM »

You could add a Lava Tier: Forging Volcanos of <insert good sounding name here>, Land of burning souls etc... And then the tiers would look like this:

Steel/Modern Tier
oa_rpg3dm2 - Trial By Error
sleekgrinder (it's a unique map with the most vertical action) (previously oa_mini)
pul1duel1    - Five Steps Ahead
slimefac - Slime Facility

Factory/Abandoned Tier
oa_dm3 - The Abandoned Base
oa_mini - Mini Arena (previously am_lavaarena)
oa_rpg3dm1/am_underworks   - Trapped In Mind/Under Working
blitzkrieg3 - Blitzkrieg Sector (blitzkrieg2 please Wink )

Space Tier
oa_pvomit (it's again unique, colorful) (previously am_spacecont)
suspended - Suspended
oa_shine   - Shine
czest1tourney   - The Space Spire

Small and Furious Tier
oa_dm2 (needs a little improvement)
oa_dm4 (needs a little improvement)
dm6ish - The Dark Zone
aggressor - Aggressor

Lava Tier
am_lavaarena
oa_shouse - Strange House
ce1m7 / Redish (instead of spacecont)
dm4ish (the original size and lava)

Historic/Ancient Tier
oa_dm5 - The Cistern (the Roman Empire had some advanced water facility)
oa_uzul3
oa_koth2   - Floating Spire
oa_black (it was thought for tourney, but it's enough big for a lot of bots)

Gothic Tier
kaos2 (not oa_nemesis)
oa_dm1 - The Place of Two Deaths
am_galmevish2 - Galmevish Yards
czest1_dm - The Monastery

So, basically only by rearranging there's place for another 4 maps.  Spacecont is a great map, but for now it could be a lava map, and you don't have to retexturize dm4ish. You get some free time without this two maps Smiley. The Tiers can be rearranged of course, so it's more interesting, like modern -> ancient -> space -> gothic -> factory etc...

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: