Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: OA 0.8.2  (Read 44199 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« on: November 06, 2008, 09:48:11 PM »

To be done:

- Fix Smarine red/blue invisibility bug for legacy client
- Finish the rest of the CPMA skin TEXTURES (the actual .skin files would be in a seperate pk3 for the appropriate CPMA subfolder)
- Optimize and include 'more_crosshairs' once they all share the same textures, but differing rgbConst values (saves loads of video memory)
- a client-side cvar for hitsound? I want to unite those with differing tastes
- a client-side cvar for bringing back the old lightning sounds (rather than replace with that weird hum like missionpack does. I want my 0.7.x crackle lightning back)
- bring raildiscs back with cg_oldRail 2
- don't change protocol, since the main pk3s are not modified in this version (happy patch pk3, i don't think even the engine needs modification either)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 09:49:56 PM by leilol » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 05:49:10 AM »

Personally more_crosshairs annoys me because I only use white and having to click so many times to get back the one I want is exhausting Wink
Leaving the choice to hitsound, that's a good idea. I wish it could be possible to let the player switch between different packs of sounds...

Good luck Wink

Todo: Walk the cat.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 02:54:12 PM »

maybe some other way of showing and selecting your crosshair would work?
make them show up in another way. don't know how though.

which also made me think about all the different game modes in the server browser.
there are so many now that it's a pain going through them all. no solution here either Tongue
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 04:03:58 PM »

Maybe some way to choose a color like we choose RG beam's color in Setup => Player Setup?

Also, will you include new stuff entering in the SVN Commits thread? There are at least 5 maps to be commited. :/ (And the first version of my SP)

And what will be the release date for this patch? 0.8.1 is still fresh.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 02:19:54 AM »

- a client-side cvar for hitsound? I want to unite those with differing tastes

I like this idea. Cheesy

- don't change protocol, since the main pk3s are not modified in this version (happy patch pk3,
We shall to consider that a lot...
This means that clients with auto-download enabled will be updated directly by the game server; right?
0.8.2 clients will automatically disable the new packs and be able to joind 0.8.1 servers?
what real advantages there are in not changing the protocol version?

i don't think even the engine needs modification either)
Can you add the hitsound client-side cvar without engine modification?
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 03:35:16 AM »

Can you add the hitsound client-side cvar without engine modification?
It is (most likely) in the QVM code which can be replaced by the patch pk3s.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 10:22:19 AM »

- Fix Smarine red/blue invisibility bug for legacy client

damocles said in the second page of SVN commits that the bug was caused by the shader's name. I don't think so,  the problem was the missing filetypes in SMarine's parts. I fixed that.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 10:26:12 AM by Graion Dilach » Logged

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 12:49:42 PM »

Not starting over with a blank slate of servers Cheesy

jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 02:11:44 PM »

Not starting over with a blank slate of servers Cheesy
and the 082 clients will really be able to join 081 servers?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 07:20:36 PM »

Of course. Think it this way: the entire patch will be contained in a pk3 file. (pak7-patch.pk3?) It's just like putting a pk3 with a map on the baseoa folder, but instead of a map, you're putting the 0.8.2 upgrade actually. ^^ At least that was what they have done with 0.7.1 and 0.7.7.

Also, Cosmo and I are giving the final touches to the first version of the new SP campaign, which will contain new AI files, new bots, and, by now, three new maps. It can go into the plan, if you like the idea. Tongue

damocles said in the second page of SVN commits that the bug was caused by the shader's name. I don't think so,  the problem was the missing filetypes in SMarine's parts. I fixed that.
You should put that in the SVN Commits thread. Tongue

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 09:14:15 AM »

Another thing I want is a new animation.cfg command that tells the cgame not to show the head.md3 on the player model (for models with the head in upper.md3, like arachna, and torsoless models (head in lower.md3), like angelyss)

PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 10:47:02 AM »

when you are killed by a chaingun it tells you that you were machinegunned, can this be changed? Idk, maybe it's supposed to be that way

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 11:04:43 AM »

Chaingunned maybe, converted into a gruyere cheese? Tongue

I remember the original TA giving the same message with that weapon.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 01:34:36 PM »

Code wise the chaingun fires machinegun bullets (uses the same damage function).

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 10:21:44 AM »

What about making a pre-release version, and to spread the word in forums and other places in order for it to be tested?

When we can begin to put our stuff in the SVN Commits thread? Cheesy Grin Tongue

KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 12:27:25 PM »

GIVE US THE OLD GAUNLET SOUND BACK.... PLEEZE!!!!

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 03:56:27 AM »

GIVE US THE OLD GAUNLET SOUND BACK.... PLEEZE!!!!

yes, i agree - the new gauntlet/saw sound is a bit weak, in a fight i can't even hear it Sad
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 10:01:43 AM »

here is a few things i would like to see eventually, meow

1, the option to have a gun on center at the bottom of the screen as it looks nice

cg_gunX
cg_gunY <- this one would be nice to have not cheat protected, i like the rocket launcher on center at the bottom of the screen, playing with the other vars makes it look weird though.
cg_gunZ

here is a screenshot of what it looks like, i like it.  http://jessicara.co.uk/cgi-bin/fuyurikka.pl?op=view&file=shot0016.jpg

2, the three bobs or one, if all or none are cheat protected we will adapt i guess.

cg_bobup <- so far this is the only one of the bob vars which is cheat protected, for it to be consistent all 3 of those could either be cheat protected or not.  and if worried about newer people not knowing these having a disadvantage they could be all set to 0 by default so they would have the same advantage.  not having the point of fire matching the crosshair kind of bothers me and it seems down to luck and ping whether a dead on rail hits or not with bobup cheat protected.
cg_bobroll
cg_bobpitch

3, s_marine fixed

4, grenades back on oasago would be nice?  i don't know how others feel but i guess its another thing having rail ammo there too so people don't need to rj back up to that platform to get more ammo.  some of us liked the grenades there because it added some more possbilities for defending and attacking.  there are those small and large windows to use them through, rockets arent as useful through the small ones unless someone is plasma climbing to rail.

5, maybe less ammo for the proximity launcher so its not the one ruling weapon in capture the flag?   (i have seen entire entry ways covered on every inch with mines, even the ceilings too =o)  i don't think removing its a good idea tho but with less ammo it kinda could make it an aid to fragging and detection like grenades do rather than the main part of it.

6, wild animals roaming around... lol kidding.  the client side hitsound does sound nice too.

about the gauntlet sound..  i think its ok, then again i like the idea of not hearing others using it easy just like in the original quake 3.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 10:04:19 AM by jessicaRA » Logged
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 11:36:47 AM »

Yeah being able to choose left/middle/right handed would be really cool.

RudyRailer
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 02:00:43 PM »

Can the weapens-switching sound be lowered down (not so loud)
I think its way to loud and not necessary, to overpowered
Can be half the volume it is now or even less imo.
Its simply annoying.
Anyone else have the same opinion?

The new hitsound is not to my likings but @ least i can hear a hit again, thanks.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 03:14:27 PM »

[ I agree with weapon changement volume ] Tongue

Todo: Walk the cat.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 06:55:52 PM »

just got to say that i love the current hitsound - machinegunning people has never been so much fun Cheesy
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 07:31:23 PM »

i love the new hitsound too.

disagree about the weapon change sound, i rely on that to know when the weapon has actually changed (especially when playing in high ping servers).  I suggest a new cvar to turn it on/off.

the new gauntlet sound is a bit weak, however the previous one was way too strong (and very scary for newbies) and was really annoying when somebody in a map runs around the whole time with the saw on.
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 08:30:41 PM »

The new hitsound reminds me of the noise from the double decker bus on a kiddies ride.

Have a try using these (can put the pak in baseoa and play single player).

The hitsound is from 076 - but modified.

http://q3eu.com/zz-xb-main.pk3

I love the lightning gun sound. Most of them are modified oa sounds and a few from the gpl FPSCORE
RudyRailer
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 10:22:21 AM »

Maybe the best thing to do about  the sounds is:

Volume: should be in cvar or even better in the menu,adjustable in 4 stages imo maybe even for all weapens (customisation is something we ALL love to do)

Weapenssounds: Create a menu where u can choose different sounds (5 sounds per weapen or so) maybe even for all sounds.

This way sound-packs can be made and downloaded (made and used by the community)

Just like the different playermodel u can download (or is this only in quake)

Anyway,..the point is to make as many people happy as possible and i know its a bit of work but its not impossible.
Like i said before WE ALL love to customize our game,and maybe that will make open arena more popular.

Just like the non-standard maps we play and you never hear someone complain about that possibility (making maps and use them)

On the other hand i might be wrong

But i dont think so Tongue
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: