Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: OA 0.8.2  (Read 44207 times)
RudyRailer
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2008, 09:21:40 AM »

Personally more_crosshairs annoys me because I only use white and having to click so many times to get back the one I want is exhausting Wink
Leaving the choice to hitsound, that's a good idea. I wish it could be possible to let the player switch between different packs of sounds...

Good luck Wink

/cg_drawcrosshair   <--type of crosshair
/cg_crosshaircolor   

jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2008, 01:27:40 PM »

Personally more_crosshairs annoys me because I only use white and having to click so many times to get back the one I want is exhausting Wink
Leaving the choice to hitsound, that's a good idea. I wish it could be possible to let the player switch between different packs of sounds...

Good luck Wink

/cg_crosshaircolor   

the way i did it was /cg_drawcrosshair <colorhere><crosshairnumberhere>
like crosshair 1 being that white circle dot and 24 being a yellow dot, 2 the color because of the way the crosshair tga's are laid out in /gfx/2d/
Joe le Kiffeur
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2009, 06:18:17 PM »

Good luck Wink

/cg_crosshaircolor   

the way i did it was /cg_drawcrosshair <colorhere><crosshairnumberhere>
like crosshair 1 being that white circle dot and 24 being a yellow dot, 2 the color because of the way the crosshair tga's are laid out in /gfx/2d/
Why don't use the Nexuiz crosshairs'menu ? It's very useful, you know... Smiley Same thing wth namecolor. Cheesy
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 06:27:08 AM »

Could it be possible to have a pre-release, which can be tested at least in servers for any issues?
Also, is there a release date for 0.8.2?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Narses
Nub

Cakes 1

do_u_know, who_u_r?

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 01:16:59 PM »

Some ideas about new release i like,

1) I like current oasago2 map, and i dont see reason why we should change some weapons, i think now its the best made ever. I love playing there without mines. Btw. railgun platform is very cool now, because of many health there and i think nailgun is the most annoying gun in OA, at least for me, i hate it and im sure that many other people hate it too...
2) Is here any chance to have BLACK nickname without annoying ^ symbol ?
3) I tried to change commands /color1 and /color2 and imo it doesnt work, or color numbers are changed or what...
4) i like idea of more and colored crosshaires. I miss them much.

Its all what i wanted to say. Have a nice day!

- - Heroes in black - - SECRET POLICE - - Heroes in black - - WATCH YOUR BACK - -
-Visit --- http://oa-cl.ucoz.org/ ---
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2009, 12:51:51 AM »

2) Is here any chance to have BLACK nickname without annoying ^ symbol ?

No, and that's going to stay the way it is. FOREVER

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 05:14:31 AM »

1) I like current oasago2 map, and i dont see reason why we should change some weapons, i think now its the best made ever. I love playing there without mines. Btw. railgun platform is very cool now, because of many health there and i think nailgun is the most annoying gun in OA, at least for me, i hate it and im sure that many other people hate it too...
Then learn how to counterattack those "new" weapons. (You weren't there when Id released Team Arena, so you have missed "the chance") IMHO Railgun is more, more annoying than the other weapons, and I hate the "ban the weapon X from the game" comments.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
JESUS SCOUSE
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2009, 07:40:38 PM »

Narses I think black letters in your name is cheating.
On a space map people who use it don't show up.
Unfair advantage I say.
Black should be removed.
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2009, 11:41:13 AM »

Narses I think black letters in your name is cheating.
On a space map people who use it don't show up.
Unfair advantage I say.
Black should be removed.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?Huh i don't get it. whats wrong wit black??

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
menganito
Lesser Nub

Cakes 7

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2009, 06:01:43 AM »

Try and determine who the hell you are aiming at if they have black name in a space map and they fly from a jumppad to your base. I use forced models (everynoe looks the same) and have black skies, theres no way to determine who is the attacker, if they have black name...

Would it be possible to make black impossible at all? Even without ^ before black text?
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2009, 09:34:31 AM »

maybe black names should have white outlines…
jukeboxhero
Nub

Cakes 1

...stars in my eyes...

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2009, 01:05:26 AM »

Just curious: when is the date (tentative) for the next oa release? I guess it will be version 0.8.2

ggs,
JukeBoxHero
jukeboxhero
Nub

Cakes 1

...stars in my eyes...

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 01:06:56 AM »

maybe black names should have white outlines…

i agree. black names are EXTREMELY annoying. you don't know whom u r hitting (or who is hitting u). takes the fun out of the game Smiley maybe with white outlines would be better...

ggs,
JukeBoxHero
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2009, 04:09:55 PM »

Just curious: when is the date (tentative) for the next oa release? I guess it will be version 0.8.2

ggs,
JukeBoxHero

Late answer, but...

According to fromhell, there's a "When it's done" status for 0.9.0 which will see the light when the replacement textures were done. I've made some of these, bu there's too many of these to be done. I should check the shaders to look what of these can be done to be worried only by the textures...

However, I've done a pair of unofficial patches, which contains the SVNC stuff, OAXb41 and some other things. I've done these to show that there's development yet on OA, and to make testing easy, but I'm having troubles to upload the sources as well. (I wish I could obtain a SVN to upload them)

Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 10:36:40 AM »

So, I'm guessing this is getting skipped for 0.8.5?

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2009, 11:15:29 AM »

So, I'm guessing this is getting skipped for 0.8.5?

Yes, this topic was a brainstorming place for the next release, but nobody knew what the next version number will be. If you read the whole topic you can see that 0.8.5 will be pretty close to these ideas, so the game just skips the version number, but not the ideas Smiley.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2009, 12:53:22 PM »

I forgot this thread even existed!

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: