Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with starting dedicated server  (Read 5593 times)
[mando]
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: November 07, 2008, 06:35:38 PM »

I've been trying to set up a dedicated server with both 0.8.0, and 0.8.1 (I hadn't seen the 0.8.1 update beforehand), but I've been having troubles. It starts (here is the output http://pastebin.com/m4bff9ff1 , that last line happens every time, and 192.168.0.100 is the correct internal IP for the server), but I (nor anyone else) can't connect to it.
Here is my config, http://pastebin.com/m2df4346 , and I have opened the correct UDP port on my router. I know of one other person who is having similar problems, but not so sure about the same symptoms.
I'd be appreciative of any help you can give. Smiley
damocles
Bigger member

Cakes 0

May cause drowsiness

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 06:57:59 PM »

Are you running a map after it starts?  It won't actually start accepting connections until you start a map.  DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers]Check the wiki for an example rotation.

Even then, you should be able to see the server in dpmaster.
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 04:45:41 AM »

yea, at the bottom of one.cfg put...

map <mapname>
// EOF

.. rather than a map rotation to start with (to eliminate typos or syntax errors). If that doesnt work then run the command from a terminal and you should be able to type rcon commands. Then you can try commands like 'map' or 'status' from there as it look like yours has started ok.
Jeff Vader Jr.
Nub

Cakes 0

TEACH ME!

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 07:12:38 PM »

OK...on port forwarding...
The port numba is 27960 of something. I got that
UDP got that
What is the actual name? oa_ded?

Jeff Vader Jr.
Former Star Wars Battlefront player
Openarena Player and wannabe Developer