Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: water and electricity  (Read 6405 times)
TaterTot
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: November 14, 2008, 01:28:14 PM »

How come when I have the lightning gun and shoot into the water nothing happens to anybody in the water? This is not a complaint. It doesn't matter to me whether this is fixed or not. I am just curious.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 02:03:15 PM »

When shooting directly to someone who is underwater or simply shooting to water where no one is?
Because in the second case it's because if everyone shoots at the water with this gun it would be very easily to obtain frags only shooting to water, and it would ruin this/that game. Tongue

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 02:05:43 PM »

And why aren't guys dead with a single rocket shot in the head ? Wink
Quake 3, and so OA, aren't meant to be that realistic...
There are probably lots of fancy possible use of weapons, but the engine is limited, and I think the idea of quake weapons is more about being basic and requiring skill to be used.
On the other hand, you can climb walls with plasma gun Wink

Todo: Walk the cat.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 02:19:33 PM »

It was in Quake 1 that shooting water with lightning would damage everyone who touched the water including self. Quake 3 and therefore also Open Arena has never had that feature except for some mods.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
TaterTot
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 09:34:13 AM »

Alright, thank you for your replies. Everything you guys said made absolute sense.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: