Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: starting new game of mission pack  (Read 10202 times)
Apollo
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: November 16, 2008, 11:22:40 PM »

Hi,

I can't seem to start a new game with the mission pack, when I click on it nothing happens. I looked in every info file in the OpenArena directory, couldn't find anything about it.  I unzipped the MissionPack zipfile (#3) in the MissionPack folder and still nothing happened
menganito
Lesser Nub

Cakes 7

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 10:50:36 AM »

Probably because there is no missionpack in the install afaik, the menu is only a.... demo? placeholder? Whatever.
Apollo
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 06:59:09 PM »

what's the "install afaik"Huh

are you saying that the new version of Open Arena has no missions in the mission pack? Where can I get these missions?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 07:49:57 PM »

In fact, there's a bunch of maps which came with OA and have almost all MP entities, except team items (Doubler, Ammo Regen, Guard, Scout) and new holdables. (Invulnerability & Kamikaze) The only thing is that they can't be seen in the Skirmish menu because of not being mentioned in arenas.txt, except cosmo's ctf_gate1.
You can find and download some maps created for the original Team Arena missionpack at these places. They can work with OA missionpack also, but be aware that most of these maps requires textures which can be only found at the original Q3(T)A:

http://mpmaps.planetquake.gamespy.com/
http://lvlworld.com/

P.S.: Don't touch mppak0.pk3 nor unzip it in the directory.
P.S.2: AFAIK = As Far As I Know. Tongue

You should go to Create Server, instead to New Game. Also, the Custom Game menu item, which should work in the same way OA's Mods menu item work, doesn't work.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 07:54:16 PM by Armageddon_Man » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: