Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion for oa_ctf4ish  (Read 25604 times)
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« on: November 24, 2008, 02:47:42 PM »

Make the rocket launcher floating on middle platform a bit higher, because we often jump too high to take it (at least when we have 125fps).
I haven't this issue with ctf4 on quake3 Wink

Todo: Walk the cat.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 03:16:33 PM »

Well... the idea of -ish maps AFAIK isn't to be equal to the originals.
And... why is this on development and not on maps? Tongue

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 02:50:27 AM »

1) Hmm, but I think having to cross 3-4 times the platform to get the RL is a gameplay issue in itself rather than a simple imitation imperfection Wink I mentionned Q3 as a "proof of concept" Wink
2) Because I just noticed recently forums were rearranged Cheesy, I never check the index but click "recent posts" and posted in what I remembered devs would take care of.
Thanks for answering, and sorry for posting in wrong place (and for not being able to submit this map modification myself).

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 04:21:03 AM »

this has annoyed myself as well. did a quick test nudging the rocket launcher upwards 16 units and it fixed the problem for maxfps 125.
however those out there having maxfps set at 333 will still fly above it, but i guess the amount of players using 333 are far less than those with maxfps set at 125.

i did a test using increments of 5 from 10 up to 125 and then the snapping values from 125 up to 333 and all settings between picked up the rocket launcher.
note: it did not matter if i jumped at the top of the jump pad or walked in on the target zone.
RudyRailer
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 10:00:11 AM »

Make the rocket launcher floating on middle platform a bit higher, because we often jump too high to take it (at least when we have 125fps).
I haven't this issue with ctf4 on quake3 Wink

I have the same and it is very annoying.

Some new ideas for weapens placement:
replace railgun with plasmagun.
replace BFG with railgun with maximum ammo 5 rounds.
Maybe this can be fun.
Any serveradmins want to try it for some time?
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

[uM] Clan Delegate OA Player

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 06:03:06 AM »

cool, i had the same idea, you can try the oa_ctf4ish modification on [ultraMaim.de]HOLYCRAP ctf-server at last on monday !! i had to put the server offline!

but up to yesterday, it was a lot of fun, using only one railgun Smiley
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:04:53 AM by [uM]Cyberdemon » Logged

ultraMAIM Clan .-. http://ultraMAIM.de .-. IRC: irc.quakenet.org #ultraMAIM

Half unfeeling machine, half raging horned devil. This walking nightmare has a rocket launcher for an arm and will definitely reach out and touch you. Make sure you're loaded for bear before you get to this guy.
RudyRailer
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 09:53:06 AM »

cool, i had the same idea, you can try the oa_ctf4ish modification on [ultraMaim.de]HOLYCRAP ctf-server at last on monday !! i had to put the server offline!

but up to yesterday, it was a lot of fun, using only one railgun Smiley

LOL!
Yes i played the map its awsomely nice should be in OA next version as a standard map
Thought u made map because of my post about changing weapens.(i was wrong though)
I can remember if i can get rocket in 1 jump using maxfps 125,..normaly i jump over it
So ,..u know what to do when that is the case
Also try out the new X battle Teamserver  ip 62.75.163.69:27975 and port :27974
Nice job on the map!!
Bay Bay
christooss
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 02:09:30 AM »

Can anyone post pk3 file of this map? Awesome idea with ditching BFG
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 05:15:48 AM »

http://download.tuxfamily.org/openarena/maps/oa_ctf4ishum1.pk3

But not all changes have been made (rocket launcher is still too high)

christooss
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 09:21:09 AM »

Great, Thanks Cacatoes
RudyRailer
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 10:55:51 AM »

1 more suggestion i have for ctf4 map.

On the rail platform, make a wall or a collum high enough for a rocket to hit from the far side of the map( the other base).
So when some1 camps on there they can be fragged with  rocket-splash-damage.

a bit like this:(side view obviously)

I
 I         
 I__________rail_

this will eliminate platform camp for sure

Maybe get some collums on the top where the flag is like in ctf_gate1  wider spaced and about 4 or 5 collums.
Maybe also2 collums on the second platform where u can land on  from the lower jumppad and strafejump to flag
I think this will help in getting players to attack more then to stay save in  there own base  and then hope someone else gets  the flag

Yeeeess hmmmmm it will be good Wink

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 02:03:31 PM by RudyRailer » Logged
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 11:14:49 AM »

Awesome diagram Cheesy

RudyRailer
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »

Awesome diagram Cheesy

Cheesy
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 02:41:06 PM »

This would prevent pushing someone with minigun (or railgun) into void, which I often do and which magically saved many flags Cheesy.
I'm not sure either splash damages can be enough, as the wall may be a bit too far from the camper.
Still, this can be experienced. Wink

RudyRailer
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 02:59:27 PM »

This would prevent pushing someone with minigun (or railgun) into void, which I often do and which magically saved many flags Cheesy.
I'm not sure either splash damages can be enough, as the wall may be a bit too far from the camper.
Still, this can be experienced. Wink

You push while they still in flight not when they are on the platform so that should not be a problem. Flags will be saved
The wall will do fine as the platform itself is very small, it may take a few rockets but im sure it will work. But ofcourse it needs testing

CyberDemon  U like to make this wish happen?
With collums and all?
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 04:33:32 PM »

Hmmmm but they fall only by making one more step, as if they are not idiot they will brake while being hit to fall back on platform Tongue so even if the wall is low they'll be stopped.
BTW, nothing forces us to be able to do this ; but I think it's an interesting exercise Wink

RudyRailer
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 05:02:57 PM »

Hmmmm but they fall only by making one more step, as if they are not idiot they will brake while being hit to fall back on platform Tongue so even if the wall is low they'll be stopped.
BTW, nothing forces us to be able to do this ; but I think it's an interesting exercise Wink

I see your point.
If they break in middair they wont fall @ all and still land on the platform.
A low wall doesnt have a purpose as its unhittable headon
Therefore i think maybe not a wall but a smaller post high enough for a rocket to land on from the other side of the map and inflict splashdamage but narrow enough to pass the post when pushed

Maybe put a lamppost on there (a little off-centre),like the ones on the rocketplatforms but 1.5 x the hight of a model (sarge) that should do the trick imo.
RudyRailer
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 10:11:19 AM »

Another idea for the railplatform

make the railplatform rotate on x-axes 2 seconds after railrespawn.
It think that allows 2 railshots on platform before u get dropped off but im not sure about the timing

My objective is u can only take 2 shot up there. i think that stops camp up there, and will need some practice ( timing) to get rail.

In my head it works great, but i often fell off before i got rail Tongue

Watcha think?
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 05:46:50 PM »

It think that allows 2 railshots on platform before u get dropped off but im not sure about the timing

My objective is u can only take 2 shot up there. i think that stops camp up there, and will need some practice ( timing) to get rail.

Watcha think?

Kind of like super mario 64 with those large blocks that rotated at intervals? That would be useful, if weird.

RudyRailer
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 03:43:25 PM »

Watcha think?

Kind of like super mario 64 with those large blocks that rotated at intervals? That would be useful, if weird.

No not like that, i saw a rotating bridge on an ffa tourney map called Reckless Abandonment by Foralarx
See here http://lvlworld.com/#c=m3&d=27%20Jan%202007&f=map_dm-fora_match1&s=19051166928568&m=DM
Only the platform the same size as the rail-platform without drawing the rotating axes
The map is on the RN|Corkscrew server

On the map it turns constantly but i think its possible to set a time-inteval (to be clear i dont know Anything about mapping) But i think of these things from what i see on maps.   
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 05:02:30 PM »

just change so that the platform is constructed by parallell bars - that way you can knock campers down by shooting rocket from below.
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 10:01:52 AM »

hello

i put 4 versions of oa_ctf4ish on [ultraMaim.de]VOIDLAIR  ctf server. for further details check the other suggestionstopic on that forum, also available in development section (sorry neon! =) ).

i will work on a trigger/splash/onshotdothat version but i still am a beginner in gtkradiant, so it will take a time.

but up to that i will put a version on that server with less rail ammo...

this server is just a test server, so just try the maps and vote through the mapcycle to test another.

Half unfeeling machine, half raging horned devil. This walking nightmare has a rocket launcher for an arm and will definitely reach out and touch you. Make sure you're loaded for bear before you get to this guy.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 10:43:10 AM »

You can take a look at tourney6ish_ctf, (map source is inside the pk3, I don't know if that map actually works with 1.4 or 1.5) which has that trigger.

The only thing is that bots won't shoot at that trigger, no matter what you do. :/

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 06:52:42 PM »

sorry i had to take the server offline, so the uM5 version.

uM5 version and trigger version are under construction but i admit that i dont have the time atm Smiley

uM1-uM4 versions are available @ www.ultramaim.de

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: