Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Player! <---  (Read 8682 times)
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« on: December 04, 2006, 10:22:49 PM »

Hey!
I just started playing this game today. You can find me on THREEMENWISE (AU) server and impatiently waiting for someone to join my own server I'll sometimes put up.
I've played Quake 3 before plenty, so this was easy to catch onto.. Cheesy
MSG me or something to arrange some games!

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Ylle
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 11:37:57 AM »

I'm gonna borrow this thread to introduce myself too! I usually use the S/N "Ylle", but I hardly play online, due to it being more enjoyable on LAN at my school. Besides, I'm not all that great, but OA sure is!

Thanks for the great game, and if I do come on online, please be nice :'(

Oh and I'll post on the forum too.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:39:43 AM by Ylle » Logged
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:16:08 PM »

Ya go ahead and borrow. This could be the new player heads up thread. Heh.

I'll keep an eye out for you online.

*Logan*

sonictemple
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 02:50:22 AM »

Hello all, I'm an old Q3 Arena guy myself! Also a member with Happy Penguin for four years now playing RTCW, and server admin for our old HL2 server(now closed). I was online with a buddy of mine and he found OA, i have to say great work guys! This kicks alot aof ass! Gameplay is fast and smooth, I have informed alot of the HP members about it and more and more dl it everyday. Thanks again for the hard work youguys have put into this! I have put up a dedicated server for it already, and it will remain online as long as people play on it! The server is HOuse O Boobs, or ip: 24.51.121.2:27970

Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 07:12:38 AM »

Ah House Of Boobs. I've played on that server many times and it's got a great ping. Cheesy

*Logan*

Jeric Hikari
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Skeletal Geek

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 01:01:05 AM »

New flesh for the meat grinder!

To be honest I'm not good at the type of gaming OA offers as I've always been better suited to supportive roles(medic/wheelman/whatever that tribes allowed me to get used to. However as OA is much much gentler on my system(the only thing wrong really is the 16mb card...everything else is a bit better....not for today's gaming but nowhere near as constrictive).

That and with a mature game like Q3 there's bound to be mappers, modders, and other assorted folk that might end up taking any number of suggestions i have and running with 'em(would love to be able to assemble a team of modders for a map or two plus assorted weapons themed for that map and specific playermodels/bots(or any of the above really). However the chances of that happening s I'm an unknown quantity and don't have the skill in either code or rendering.....the prospects are dim indeed.

But hey, always willing to give things a stress test, even if its just people's nerves Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: