Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: *Campers*  (Read 81721 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2009, 06:34:46 PM »

if you stop to type in a game it's really your fault if people shoot at you. and if you feel that you have to talk for a long time just switch to spectator mode.

i don't attack player with the chat bubble (unless they carry the flag). imo people chatting while playing is fun.
Me too, but sometimes that's annoying. Sometimes you frag accidentally someone who is chatting instead of playing.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2009, 07:38:11 PM »

pulchr:
cg_teamChatHeight "5" //up to 5 lines of text disaplyed
cg_teamChatTime "20000"

i might be stupid, but the "cg_team" tells me this is for the team chat.
are there similar commands for the usual chat?

Me too, but sometimes that's annoying. Sometimes you frag accidentally someone who is chatting instead of playing.

yeh, i know it happens sometimes, and from some angles it's not even possible to see the chat bubble - that can give some angry replies :Z
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:40:31 PM by pulchr » Logged
RAZ3R
Bigger member

Cakes 0

« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2009, 07:48:13 PM »

question: how do i move the chat replies away from the other info so i get more time and can read more lines at the same time (just as in team chat).

Sorry, I took 'just as in team chat' to mean you just wanted these command for team chat. No you can't do this for normal chat.

In team games you have to chat frag I think, else you never know when they might decide to stop chatting and start attacking you (e.g. you grab flag, turn around and suddenly the guy chatting you just turned your back to isn't chatting any more and has a rail gun). Using people talking to increase your score in dm is just lame though.

Neon_Knight: if it's a clan game ofcourse, but in public games you have a problem with this also?

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2009, 01:19:08 AM »

Sorry, I took 'just as in team chat' to mean you just wanted these command for team chat. No you can't do this for normal chat.

if it's not possible it should be implemented in openarena! Smiley
sittingduck
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2009, 11:06:54 PM »

Chat bubble = FREE FRAG!! 
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2009, 10:01:53 AM »

wooooo!!!!!!

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2009, 10:04:24 AM »

He got the right...

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »

i totally agree!!

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: