Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [solved] can i ungroup a cap to make a hole?  (Read 7228 times)
feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« on: December 16, 2008, 06:48:05 PM »

I still dont really understand what a cap is, but since i cant CSG substract, cant I ungroup their parts so i can modify them?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 09:51:21 PM by feLiZ_naVidAD » Logged

Whatever i say in this post is true unless fromhell said otherway. In that case I disagree with what I just wrote. I meant to write what fromhell said.
-------
I also would like to add that im not a chick. I use this model coz i like the thong of the sorceress when i die (witch rarely happens) Smiley
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 08:00:23 AM »

Meshes and stuff are kinda weird. Just select the cap and delete it. The cylinder you could just select and hit shift+I (Or was it ctrl+I) to invert it in order to make a tunnel.

You can bend patches too, hit V. They may take some getting used to. Use Shift+S to align patch textures. On that window, hit the CAP until the texture looks right on caps. On other curves, use Natural.

feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 05:19:31 PM »

I dont want to make them bend. I want to make a hole in one...

What whould you do if you wanted to make a window in the middle of one end cap?

I attached an image. I want to make a hole in top of that structure

Whatever i say in this post is true unless fromhell said otherway. In that case I disagree with what I just wrote. I meant to write what fromhell said.
-------
I also would like to add that im not a chick. I use this model coz i like the thong of the sorceress when i die (witch rarely happens) Smiley
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »

Assuming you want to make a hole where the square brush is inside the cap, that'd take some complex-ish patches, probably more than one patch. I don't know of a csg-subtract type of thing for patches.

I would make the hole part on a simple square brush, and then put the curve after that.

feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 09:09:08 PM »

I see what you mean... but unfortunetly i need it to be on top (map design, reasons) Smiley

I guess the only way i have is to make the top using several brushes just like the one showing in the screenshot editing one by one and moving the vertices around a liltle. I already noticed is kinda limited. You can't add vertices, but you can cut a border in a regular brush (4 edges) so you can get 2 vertices where there was just one....(5 vertices) every time you want to get all the vertices you want, but the movement of the new vertices is limited....

Thanks... ill try that...

I have to do another hole in another end cap i made (180ยบ)... Its just in the middle of the curve, so I guess ill be able to use 2 semi cuves with a normal brush in the middle Wink

-------
feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 09:50:34 PM »

there, this is how i solved it... I guess this is the only way to do it... Wink

-------
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: