Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: "The New Face of Sight" Project  (Read 58825 times)
Kasilas
Nub

Cakes 0

Master of Black-White Magic Planetar Destruction

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 07:29:49 AM »

As I said, I create a page is currently under ordinary browser, then the match to all browsers on the cells.

As for the title ...
The page title is what this is, in the same way with the welcome news, it is also, however, is likely to remove the words "The Official WebSite OpenArena 'header in the page content.

Rose Wine
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 11:20:20 AM »

the first image is with:

#main {
width:720px;
}

The second image is with:

#main {
width:810px;
}

it also creates an empty space on the right of the content div, and the content div is focused, giving the impression that the menu floats to the left of the content. but i only checked that in my firefox Smiley.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 08:10:30 AM by Rose Wine » Logged
Kasilas
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2009, 04:54:01 AM »

Job September.

But to announce the recruitment of people willing to translate the page into other languages.
Now on to fully operate 2 languages - English and Polish. If you want to help the party, and translate it into its generic language (or language fluently who know), please write on this subject, while leaving the information on which language you want to translate from English.

I accept to be translated only the first person who expresses a desire to translate the language, but that does not mean that the next person have to work around to taste. If willing to translate the language of reports more than one, all they will be able to check the validity of the language.

With the translation page as well as for checking the validity of the language course to enter Footers. Please also give your name, otherwise it will be only in the footer login author. You can also link to redirect after clicking on information about the author.

I hope that fromhell will not have me for use in such a bad way footer.
However, this does not occupy much space, the author of the translation, is visible only in the language.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 05:34:59 AM »

How languages are stored in files? I can make Spanish translation, despite the fact that I'm not too familiarized with PHP... :/

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 05:51:33 AM »

Hi, I'm okay to translate it in french, I'll do that with other openarena.tuxfamily.org's members to have it checked.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Kasilas
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 12:13:57 PM »

Ok, were added to the list in the nearest time (1-3 days), I will give you lots to translate.

As for the language to be on the page, it currently operates only in an English and Polish language, but adding them is not a problem, the issue of five minutes, and it literally.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 12:35:10 PM »

Hi, I will translate the new homepage to Hungarian. Graion Dilach will help me in that, but I will coordinate the translation, so you can add me.

Instead of the footer, why not creating a staff or crew page, where you could display all the contributors: coders, map makers, webpage designers, and webpage translators. According to Cacatoes there will be more French translators, and the Hungarian translation requires two people due to lack of time. So you could just make a new menu entry with a new page and list the localization teams. I think they will change through time. If a translator leaves the project a new one jumps in, but the old translator's name can not be deleted, because the page contains his previous work, so I think it will be a forever increasing list of names.

So please consider adding a new page instead of adding the names in the footer section.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2009, 01:14:37 PM »

I checked OpenTTD's webpage....

I don't know what do you know about OpenTTD, so in a nutshell:
OpenTTD is the open-source TTD and it supports multi-language. I checked and they don't have a credit-list. OK, the webpage isn't multilanguage... just the game.

I think if we adds a new page about translators-credit-list, we could add the game-credit-list and only after the translators. About the Hungarian translating... I'm not a computer-genius, I can't write PHP nor HTML code, but I know what must be replaced... that's how I modified my friend's webpage and added more slots in his table. Of course I'll help gladly.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 02:51:58 PM »

Or you get forget about credits, it's just a simple translation ... not even fromhell's name appears on the actual webpage.

Hereby, I release Cacatoes under public domain, you can distribute it, modify ... Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2009, 02:58:13 PM »

I can't release my actual nickname in public domain, Ronnie James and Tony Iommi will sue me for that. Cheesy

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Kasilas
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 01:17:26 AM »

I will not send a lot to be translated into all of their mailboxes, so I will write here.
Here's strings to translate.
  • News
  • About
  • Download
  • Media
  • Links
  • Forum
  • Servers
  • Welcome to The Official OpenArena WebSite!
  • OpenArena is a violent, sexy, multiplayer first person shooter based on the ioquake3 fork of the id tech 3 engine.
    It has many game types beyond deathmatch and a lot of characters.
    Due to violent and racy content, it may not be suitable for children under 17.
  • The current release is
  • It is released on
  • January
  • February
  • March
  • April
  • May
  • June
  • July
  • August
  • September
  • October
  • November
  • December
  • Added
  • Translated by
  • Correct language checked by
  • Website Script and Layout created by
  • English
  • Polish
  • French
  • Spanish
  • Some of the content contained on this site have not yet been translated.
    Therefore, the content will appear in the English language.
  • Some content on the site have not yet been translated.
    Therefore, they are not listed on this page if you want to move to the English version of the page, click HERE.
  • Announce!
  • A new version of OpenArena 0.0.0!
    To download the latest version of the game, click HERE.
  • Title
  • Date
For now, enough.
When you get off a full translated list, give the next batch to be translated.
Translated words can post on this subject, or to me on PM.

Btw. fromhell is provided in the table of authors, will be very well highlighted but not let the mystery:)
Btw2. I am a translator appears in the footer in the Polish language, the language is not English information "Translated by", but will be "written by the contents." Of course, there will be added fromhell:)

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 05:51:56 AM »

• Noticias
  • Sobre el juego
  • Descargas
  • Media
  • Links
  • Foro
  • Servers
  • ¡Bienvenidos a La Página Oficial de OpenArena!
  • OpenArena es un juego de acción en primera persona multijugador, violento, y sexy, basado en el fork ioquake3, del motor gráfico id tech 3.
    Tiene varios tipos de juego, además de Deathmatch, y muchos personajes.
    Debido a su contenido violento y subido de tono, no es recomendable para menores de 17 años.
  • El lanzamiento actual es el de la versión
  • Fue lanzado el
  • Enero
  • Febrero
  • Marzo
  • Abril
  • Mayo
  • Junio
  • Julio
  • Agosto
  • Septiembre
  • Octubre
  • Noviembre
  • Diciembre
  • Agregado
  • Traducido por
  • Corrección de lenguaje hecha por
  • Desarrollo y diseño del sitio creado por
  • Inglés
  • Polaco
  • Francés
  • Español
  • Parte del contenido de este sitio todavía no ha sido traducido.
    Es por ello que dicho contenido aparecerá en el idioma inglés.
  • Parte del contenido de este sitio todavía no ha sido traducido.
    Es por ello que no aparece en el sitio, no aparece en esta página. Si quieres verlo en el idioma inglés, pulsa AQUÍ.
  • ¡Anuncio!
  • ¡Nueva versión de OpenArena: 0.0.0!
    Para descargar la versión más reciente del juego, pulsa AQUÍ.
  • Título
  • Fecha
I think that's all by now. Cheesy

Kasilas
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 08:53:40 AM »

I have currently one and a half hours of work for the website, so I will just add a Spanish language website.
As soon as it is here to inform it.
Address to the translation will be as follows ...

http://www.worxt.pl/openarena/index.php?language=spanish

Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 01:52:05 PM »

• Hírek
  • A játékról
  • Letöltés
  • Média
  • Linkek
  • Fórum
  • Szerverlista
  • Üdvözlünk a hivatalos OpenArena weboldalon!
  • Az OpenArena egy erőszakos, szexi, többjátékosra tervezett 3D-s lövöldözős játék az ID Tech 3 motor IOQuake3-as változatára készítve. Sok különböző játékmódot tartalmaz az átlagos öldöklésen kívül, továbbá rengeteg karaktert. Erőszakos és erotikus tartalma miatt, 17 éven aluliaknak nem javasolt.
  • A legfrissebb változat:
  • Megjelent: YY. MM. DD.
  • Január
  • Február
  • Március
  • Április
  • Május
  • Június
  • Július
  • Augusztus
  • Szeptember
  • Október
  • November
  • December
  • Feltöltve
  • Fordította:
  • A fordítást lektorálta:
  • Az oldalt kódolta s elrendezte:
  • Angol
  • Lengyel
  • Francia
  • Spanyol
  • Néhány elem még nincs lefordítva az oldalon, ezek az alapértelmezett angol nyelven jelennek meg.
  • Néhány elem még nincs lefordítva, s ezért nem jelennek meg az oldalon. Amennyiben az angol változatot meg szeretnéd nézni, kattints IDE.
  • Bejelentjük!
  • A legfrissebb változat az OpenArena 0.0.0!
    A letöltéséhez kattints IDE!
  • Cím:
  • Dátum:

Hungarian/Magyar language support. I wrote the translation and Udi checked it.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 02:13:05 AM »

French :

• Nouvelles
  • À propos
  • Téléchargements
  • Media
  • Liens
  • Forum
  • Serveurs
  • Bienvenue sur le site officiel d'OpenArena !
  • OpenArena est un jeu de tir en vue subjective, multijoueurs, violent et sexy, qui utilise la branche ioquake3 dérivée du moteur id tech 3.
    Outre le mode deathmatch, il dispose de nombreux types de jeux et d'une grande variété de personnages.
    Du fait de son contenu violent et osé, il peut ne pas convenir aux moins de 17 ans.
  • La version courante est
  • sortie le
  • Janvier
  • Février
  • Mars
  • Avril
  • Mai
  • Juin
  • Juillet
  • Août
  • Septembre
  • Octobre
  • Novembre
  • Decembre
  • Ajouté
  • Traduit par
  • Vérifié par
  • Site web conçu par
  • Anglais
  • Polonais
  • Français
  • Espagnol
  • Certains passages de ce site n'ont pas encore été traduits.
    De ce fait, le contenu apparaitra en langue anglaise.
  • Certains passages de ce site n'ont pas encore été traduits.
    De ce fait, ils ne sont pas publiés sur cette page, si vous voulez consultez la version anglaise, cliquez ICI.
  • Annonce !
  • Une nouvelle version d'OpenArena 0.0.0 !
    Pour télécharger la dernière version du jeu, cliquez ICI.
  • Titre
  • Date

Kasilas
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2009, 09:48:34 AM »

Sorry for the temporary delay of the party, is due to the following factors ...
1) I had to improve the assessment of the school (already good);
2) I have a few things to prepare for the competition;
3) So the new idea of the action part (more efficient), and I have to change the current at later;

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 01:10:02 PM »

What happened to this project? Did Kasilas left OA, or were there any other problems? If fromhell follows the 2008. 08. 08. etc. magic number release dates, than 0.9 will be out in September (just a guess). So if we want a new page it has to be ready in the summer. A new look won't harm, I think we should start the discussion again, and form some webpage team, so that if someone quits OA the effort won't get wasted.

vindimy
Bigger member

Cakes 15

lolwut?

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2009, 11:37:56 PM »

Bump. Is the project progressing? Main page returns 404 now. I'm willing to host it if that's the issue.

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2009, 12:17:11 PM »

is there any work being done here?

a new homepage for the openarena project would be nice.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2009, 02:46:58 PM »

I think Kasilias left OA, so maybe we should start it from scratch. fromhell has another blueish theme, so a fresh start would be better anyway. The CSS can wait, first of all lets find an engine or a way to develop the page. Here is fromhell's wishlist (without the style things):

- able to open it up and read it fine in browsers that are a bit antiquated, or layout-feature stripped for efficiency
- elements nicely isolated for easy content insertion streamlined via php (no table tag digging)

DISLIKES:
- wordpress/blog style simple sites of two columns
- excessive php

The 'content insertion via php' and the 'excessive php' points are a bit paradox, but I think he/she doesn't wants a huge CMS. Which can be understood, because on the current site only the news, media, and maybe the download page could be done dynamic. The forum stays SMF, the Wiki stays on Wikia. So we need a small footprint system with news, media and downloads. Multi-language support and standard HTML output would be cool. Any suggestions about such an engine?

The other thing is the development, if someone takes all the job, he/she has to finish it, or at least give out the sources when leaving. Or a small team should emerge. I don't have an own server, I only use webhosting services, and I still need to redirect the DNS addresses, but after that I can make an ftp and mysql user for OA site development.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2009, 10:59:39 PM »

The 'content insertion via php' and the 'excessive php' points are a bit paradox,

Not quite. By excessive PHP I mean lots of busy div tables feeding from SQL. Like OMG POSTS! LATEST POSTS! UNREAD POSTS!!! POSTCOUNTS!!! NUMBER OF MEMBERS ONLINE!! Things that isn't News. I love old style Web but I don't love busy Web and I don't like Web 2.0 all that much.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
jaypur
Half-Nub

Cakes 4

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2009, 08:41:41 AM »

Hi, I've just read the site project... and I'd really like to help doing translation to Brazilian Portuguese.

And if you need some help with some design issues, i can help to...

Thx.

run, jump and don't forget, SHOOT!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: