Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: +set dedicated 1 doesn't seem to work correctly  (Read 6470 times)
BillGates
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: December 16, 2008, 08:02:08 PM »

Either I'm doing something wrong, or there is a bug.

I'm trying to setup a server that doesn't show up in the server list.  I use +set dedicated 1 on the command line instead of +set dedicated 2, correct?  It still shows up in the server list.

I also tried +set sv_master1 "localhost" in an effort to prevent it from being listed... It still shows in the master list.

I'm using 0.8.1 oa_ded.x86_64...

What am I doing wrong?
damocles
Bigger member

Cakes 0

May cause drowsiness

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 08:44:38 PM »

Hosting a 0.7.7 dedicated server (emphasis mine):

There are two major changes when hosting a 0.7.7 dedicated compared to earlier versions and I just want to point them out:

Protocol has changes from 68 to 69. This means that the old binaries cannot be used to host a 0.7.7 server. They must be upgraded to 0.7.7 binaries. If you for some reason you compile your own binary it must use protocol 69.

I have spotted some servers on http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena&oldprotocol=67 that suffers from this problem.

If you do NOT want your server to show on the master server list it is no longer enough to use "set dedicated 1". Dedicated servers using the "oa_ded.X" binary will always try to register on the master server if they are reachable from the Internet. It you host a dedicated 0.7.7 that is reachable from the Internet but you don't want to appear on the list you should either delete the master server from your config file or firewall outgoing UDP port 27950.

sago007, is this still true?  Can this be changed back to the old behavior?

Also you could try a "127.0.0.1 dpmaster.deathmask.net" in /etc/hosts along with the above.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 05:16:02 AM »

sago007, is this still true?  Can this be changed back to the old behavior?
It shouldn't be true anymore: dedicated 1 should work.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: