Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how tall a guy is? and the regular hight of a room?  (Read 6833 times)
feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« on: December 15, 2008, 07:08:16 PM »

very easy question if you have mapped a little Smiley

and brings me another ones...

How high can you jump up? and jump ahead? and the size you can actualy jump up in a platform if you have max_FPS = 125?

and how high can you jump with an standar well done rocket jumping?

Tried to search for that in google but without luck

Whatever i say in this post is true unless fromhell said otherway. In that case I disagree with what I just wrote. I meant to write what fromhell said.
-------
I also would like to add that im not a chick. I use this model coz i like the thong of the sorceress when i die (witch rarely happens) Smiley
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 08:52:49 PM »

As much as I can help is (GtkRadiant):

I think a player is as tall as an info_player_start (right click grid, info -> info_player_start, I think), I'm unsure how high you can jump but I estimate a little under the height of the player. A good trick jumper will be able to jump over four 7-sized units (Hit 7 on grid, four of these boxes), unsure about regular jumps. A decent rocket jump should also go four 7-sized units, around that.

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 03:56:54 AM »

very easy question if you have mapped a little Smiley

and brings me another ones...

How high can you jump up? and jump ahead? and the size you can actualy jump up in a platform if you have max_FPS = 125?

and how high can you jump with an standar well done rocket jumping?

Tried to search for that in google but without luck

here are a couple of numbers from the gtk radiant help files

Quote from: gtk radiant help files
Game Physics
Player Dimensions
Model size: The player model's actual size is a bounding box 30 units by 30 units square with a height of 56 units. In the game world, eight units roughly equal one foot (30.5 cm). From this, we deduce that the characters are a heroic 7 feet tall (2.13 meters).

Step Heights
For scale purposes, "normal" steps should be no higher than 8 units. However, the maximum value that a player may step up is 18 units (just keep steps 16 units or lower).

Normal Jumps
The maximum height for barriers the bots will jump on is 32 units.

Water Jump Heights (or "Everyone, out of the pool!")
The maximum distance that a bot may jump to exit water is 18 units. This is the height difference between the water surface and the adjacent floor that the bot is jumping onto. If the water jump height is made higher, human players will have a hard time getting out of the water.

Rocket Jumps
With normal gravity and without the quad, the maximum rocket jump height is around 280 units (you can sometimes jump a few units higher but this is a safe value for reference). In practice, except for especially tricky jumps, this value should be substantially lower. Test rocket jumps repeatedly before settling on a final height.

Math for Map Makers
Here's some math to calculate some other values of interest:

Gravity = 800;
Jump velocity = 270;
Max vertical rocketjump velocity = 670;
Max run velocity = 320;
Max step height = 18;
Max jump height = 0.5 * gravity * (jumpvelocity/gravity)*(jumpvelocity/gravity);
Max normal jump height = 45 units
NOTE: even though this is the mathematical maximum jump height always keep the the 32 units maximum barrier height for bots in mind when building maps.
Maximum horizontal jump distance over a gap from one spot to another when both are at the same height:

t = sqrt((maxjumpheight + maxstep) / (0.5 * gravity));
      t = 0.3986 seconds;
      dist = maxrunvelocity * (t + jumpvelocity / gravity);
      dist = 235 units;

Because players use a bounding box we can jump a full bounding box width further in the ideal case. (15 units at the jump starting position and 15 at the landing place).

235 + 15 + 15 = 265 units.

Again, remember that this is the mathematical maximum which players can only reach under ideal circumstances.

hope it helps
feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 06:09:45 PM »

yeah, it helped a lot!!! thats exactly what i was looking for...

One question isnt answered tho... how high can you jump if you have com_maxFPS 125? I mean those borders you can only jump with this var

Whatever i say in this post is true unless fromhell said otherway. In that case I disagree with what I just wrote. I meant to write what fromhell said.
-------
I also would like to add that im not a chick. I use this model coz i like the thong of the sorceress when i die (witch rarely happens) Smiley
damocles
Bigger member

Cakes 0

May cause drowsiness

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 09:15:54 PM »

You may have to make some compromises or experiment with heights;

see Suggestion for oa_ctf4ish.
(at com_maxfps 125, the rocket launcher is too low)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: