Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ROFL betamaps feedback  (Read 8383 times)
menganito
Lesser Nub

Cakes 7

« on: December 26, 2008, 10:23:47 AM »

I don't know where to put it, I suppose some mod will move it if misplaced Smiley

I've played on the betamap server for quite a while today (at first with bots, then some humans joined - hi cacatoes Smiley ), and as it's betamaps, i suppose a feedback would be welcome, so:

ps9ctf: please, put some of the classic weapons (e.g. RL) to the lower level of the map. There's only miner and nailer and I don't like those Cheesy. Nice map besides, I like how difficult it is to circle jump from flag to the LG.

dm6ish ctf: man, this brings back quakish memories Smiley. A few problems tho: i get stuck on the spiral stairs when trying to go as close to their centre as possible; the rail should be further from the bridge over the flag, now even a simple jump gets you there, it's way too easy; same for the 50health/50armour platforms/pillars.

oa_koth2_b2: Really nice, disorienting at first, but after a while, I learned it. If possible, make the ladder from MH slower, its really too fast to climb, you're up in an instant; there are two hand-shaped lamps, missing textures (i guess it's not really finished yet); making the jumppad-to-BFG-door switch respond to damage instead of actual pushing might be a good idea, it would remain more hidden Smiley. I loved the idea with teleporter at the bottom, btw.

schism_b2: nice textuers Wink actually the first time i played the schism map. Is it possible to get to the horizontal "cross" above the RG and ammo? TRaK's logo is still on the splash screen, is he the author of the map, too?

z_am_galmevish2: I love the map, I love pillars-rockets combination Tongue. Bug: when you leave the black teleport, go left, as the climb ends, there is a blinking texture. Dunno wtf, it just blinks as i move. I didn't notice it nowhere else, so I assume it's a bug (see atached screenshot).

z_am_mackinleyish (probably misspelled): i didn't like the map. A few things to improve: the grapple, why the hell is it the default gun (you are spawned with grapple in your hand), and it is not modelled nor is the beam textured. I also had problems getting out of the water in the bases and getting into the red armnour room is a nightmare.

q3dm6ish: As I said, i used to love q3dm6 in Q3A, so I really enjoyed this one. I had the same gameplay issues as in the CTF version.

All these are my personal opinions, they may be (and probably are) wrong, feel free to ignore them Smiley
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 11:36:32 AM »

Oh, I forgot to fix that in galmevish2. -.-

Map by map, only those which concerns mine. Tongue

q3dm6ish-ctf: I thought about redoing that bridge part, I promise it'll be in the next version. My idea is to make it more narrow, (just narrow as the passage to RL is) and to make ceiling a bit higher than it actually is. Also, I want to make stairs more big than they are. (I don't know how to tell it, English isn't my mother tongue Tongue)

Also, I like to mark that when I finish CTF part, I'll do DM one based on half the center and one of the bases. I guess I should tell Caca to remove DM version until CTF one is finished.

About mckinleyish: Grapple being a maximum priority is some thing on the game code, I just made any player spawn with it. I'll make the entrance to that base a little bit big in the next version.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 06:13:55 AM »

some feedback from me:

ps9 seems to be ready to go.
q3dm6ish is a nice map. could also leave the beta-test.

but i played the maps only with bots or just 2-3 players.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 06:01:24 AM »

played oasag2f8 yesterday and...
WTF?
the lighning and colors are cruel. maybe it is just on my pc, but i asked another player and he has the same effect: red side looks like a bordello (sry), blue side is very blue...
will this be the new release? i do not hope so.

ps9: imho it needs some stronger weapons at the lower floor to.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 01:42:50 PM by Peter Silie » Logged
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 06:08:50 AM »

Is there anyone who has played our maps in this server and wanted to leave us suggestions and these class of things?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »

When I went there ppl vote for that space ctf thing with the rocket position bug.

I ask what's different about this map and they say it has no bfg and start running around with their flag. It happened a second time so I never went back
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 08:14:48 AM »

also.. osago map drops my fps something awful. Then if I connect to another server or change map my fps never seems to stabilise itself. I know it's been highlighted numerous times way back, since this is a commonly used map maybe this should be high up in the priority list.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 03:16:55 PM »

Never put Grism on the Lunaran map! Wink

Unfortunately when I was online for 40 minutes, there were only one UnnamedPlayer, who can play good... I can't. And he was only for 6 minutes.

I love the new Hydronex!

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: