Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: oabase q3config.cfg Back to Deafault ???  (Read 6564 times)
RudyRailer
« on: December 31, 2008, 12:41:51 PM »

Hi

Recently my whole config located in the baseoa folder went back to default.
So i lost all my settings and binds.

I noticed that it happens when i join different mods like xbattle Hunt corkscrew ctf instagib freezerail.
All these mods will add cvars to my baseoa cfg so i will get bigger then 16kb (maximum size) very fast.
Every mod will add cvars to its config-file in thecorresponding folder.
Seems like a double date

How come this happens Huh
Can the maximum size for baseoa  cfg be increased ?
Or do i do something wrong?
I use the deprecated version not the legacy

I really like to be able to  join any mod without thinkin, "when will i loose my config again"?
Lost my config twice now Sad
This is realy realy realy annoying.

Did this happen to anyone else yet?

« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:46:47 PM by RudyRailer » Logged
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 01:10:49 PM »

Happens when the game crashes.

If you want to use q3config.cfg as your main config then you will need to quit the game and restart before joining servers with mods. If you join corkscrew directly from a defrag server then the defrag values are still in memory and will get copied to your corkscrew cfg.

This causes buffer over flow errors when the config is bigger than 16k. You don't really want a mix of lots of mods in one config so it's arguably not a bad thing this issue exists Cheesy

If your config contains seta's you might want to change them to set. The config resetting back to default is not the same issue as this though.

RudyRailer
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 01:24:00 PM »

Happens when the game crashes.

If you want to use q3config.cfg as your main config then you will need to quit the game and restart before joining servers with mods. If you join corkscrew directly from a defrag server then the defrag values are still in memory and will get copied to your corkscrew cfg.

This causes buffer over flow errors when the config is bigger than 16k. You don't really want a mix of lots of mods in one config so it's arguably not a bad thing this issue exists Cheesy

If your config contains seta's you might want to change them to set. The config resetting back to default is not the same issue as this though.

Yes bufferoverflow i saw  that message.
well imo this should be fixed in the next version because having to restart oa everytime i want to join a differend mod,..is just silly this happens and should have a permanent fixed  imo
In quake i dont need to do this so it should be nesessary in oa i think
I WANT A BIGGER BUFFER!  Wink

I think it should be developed in a way that every mod automaticly  saves cvars to the according folder and nothing more so every time u play a mod you config changes to that mod.
The game should recongnise what mod u play and change the cfg accordingly and not do anything else to any other cfg folder
Why else does the game write an extra cfg file in the modfolder and adds cvars and binds u make to addapt your game to that mod?
But then still use the baseoa cfg as default? i dont get it, i wish i did but i dont.
And when i change the name of the cfg in the mod folder to for example q3configxbattle.cfg and then try to execute it i says unable to load?

Thanks for your response Smiley

Anyone got more suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:35:51 PM by RudyRailer » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: