Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 10434 times)
kernel panic
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« on: February 18, 2009, 04:12:00 AM »

Hi

1) After compiling--correctly, it seems--the .aas file for a map I have, I can only select a couple of very stupid bots with weird names (a female sort of dancer and a couple of others). When I try to load the cool ones (kyonshy and pals) I get an error message. Anybody having a clue about what am I doing wrong?

2) I'm trying to get a portal into the map, i.e., a sort of CCTV camera. I'm following the usual guide (like http://www.wemakemaps.com/portals.htm) but so far no dice. Is there anything I should be aware of regarding the particular shader used for this trick (portal_sfx)? Or...something else?

Cheers
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 04:40:24 AM »

I can only reply to your first question: have you tried to compile with both the -meta switch in the BSP stage and the -forcesidesvisible switch in the BSPC stage?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
kernel panic
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:35:00 AM »

Yes. So far I'm only doing trial compilations using the default options as offered by Gtkradiant build menu. The first of those has the switch -meta, which is what I use. To compile the .aas I use bspc -forcesidesvisible -bsp2aas mybspfile.bsp.
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 07:35:35 AM »

Your information are vague. What's the error message? Are you sure not to have 3rd party pk3s in your baseoa that mess up your bots?
Do bots work in other maps on your system?

Check acc shaders for a portal and see oa_dm5 for reference if you don't get it working.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
kernel panic
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 08:46:47 AM »

What's the error message? Are you sure not to have 3rd party pk3s in your baseoa that mess up your bots?

If I type "addbot beret" on the console it says "bot beret not defined". In the "addbot" gui menu I can only see Addie, Adrenalyn and Aeon_flux. I positively have tons of .pk3s in baseoa, but this is the first time this happens.

Do bots work in other maps on your system?

Ah! Problem solved. There's nothing wrong with my map, bots don't work in ANY map. I'll sort that out...somehow.

Check acc shaders for a portal and see oa_dm5 for reference if you don't get it working.

That's exactly what I needed, I'll take a look at that map. What are acc shaders?

Thanks, guys.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 09:41:47 AM »

Remove all the pk3s from baseoa, except those which start with pak0 to pak6 and belong to the game then... some pk3 is replacing the default bots.txt on pak6-misc.pk3 with their own.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
kernel panic
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 06:33:05 AM »

The portal works. Very cool effect. I have two minor issues with it, though:

- the point of view gets badly mangled when the player is positioned at certain angles from the screen. I have the feeling that this can be due to my portal surface being tilted, I'll change that to see whether it makes a difference.

- the image seen through the portal oscillates from side to side (like in oa_dm5), which is not what I prefer. I looked at the shader and changed what could be related but it still moves. Do you know if _all_ portals do this?

The bots...since there's nothing wrong with my map I don't care about them for the time being. I'll sort the pk3s at some point.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 07:31:34 AM »

With the portal issue, I guess... yes. :/

The thing with some extra maps (specially 3rd. party ones) is that some mappers instead of creating an .arena file or .bot file containing their own mapinfo/bots, make clones of arenas.txt or bots.txt which REPLACES the original ones.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: