Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena and Netradiant used for the presentation "virtual factory"  (Read 9672 times)
Dangerzone
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: May 05, 2011, 03:05:32 AM »

Hi all,

i am new here and a map creator from germany and have some practice in map creating. My idea was to create with netradiant a large "virtual factory" and to build a walkthrough movie. I cut this movie with pinnacle studio and the final cut you can visit here:

http://youtu.be/THza_qExcoA

It is an animation of an invented medium sized engineering company with departments milling, turning, grinding, quality control and more.

Here you can see some pictures from my project:

What do you think about my private project (it is not a comercial project) ?    Smiley

Greetings
Michael

Please excuse my poor English and i hope i am in the right forum Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 03:58:36 AM »

Wow... great job...  Smiley Smiley Smiley (even if I don't understand its purpose...)

What about making a playable map from it?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Dangerzone
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 04:51:33 AM »

Wow... great job...  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Thanks  Grin

The purpose is first place, only a serious demonstration.

Next, I want to show that OA is not only a great game, but also as a complement to any company to create films with little effort to transport routes, relocation of machinery and to simulate so on.

A map is at the moment not planned.

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »

Impressive Smiley Thought it would be a map to play at first, but I read now that you want to show that openarena is more than a game. How would you want to show that to who actually?
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 12:06:36 PM »

meine fresse, wie geil ist das denn?

great work!
some suggestions/questions:
the map is amazing, but the presentation could need a little polish (very static) - maybe bioxide can help with the movie maker?
how many fps do you have in this map?
you should retexture one of oas maps Wink
you should retexture one of oas maps Wink

EXCELENT!
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 04:09:09 PM »

I can only think of 3 words

Stapler Fahrer Klaus

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Dangerzone
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 03:34:23 AM »

It is intended that the film is so static. I was short of great tracking shots, in order not to bore people with a long film.

I have 100 FPS in game. My PC is a Intel Q9550, Ati 4870X2, 4 GB Ram, Board P5Q Deluxe. The map is running on the PC pretty cool.

Retexture a map ? Oh, i think, i have no time for this, sorry.  Sad   Next i will learn how to use blender and make some graphics.  Wink

@fromhell:
Hehe, old film but funny.  Evil

kernel panic
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 03:45:56 AM »

That looks great, Dangerzone. With patience you can create awesome-looking stuff with idtech3 engine. Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrRwmvLNFGw&feature=player_embedded#at=26

However, if I understand your objectives right, I don't think it is the best tool for the job. Blender probably is what you really are looking for.

As for the map...what's the size? If you haven't altered the playing speed in the video it must be huge. Are you going to release it to the masses? Some other mapper could scale it properly and add game items...it would be cool to play around all those cool machines.
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 06:03:16 AM »

Dangerzone that seems like a cool map and a different way to give a walkthrough. Also I kind of reminds me of that one level on final doom forgot what it was called but it had boxes and conveyer belts too. Also the link seems to be not working because when I click on it I get service not available.

Wow kernel Panic that map seems cool and so detail would be great for a huge FFA.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: