Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any textures artists?  (Read 7837 times)
Eli
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: December 17, 2006, 01:13:18 PM »

Hey I'm working on a map for Open Arena and I want to give it a more unique graphic style then most of the maps I've done in the past.  Mostly before hand I've used textures either by evillair or sock which are mostly your standard style DM game textures.  For this level I want it to be similar but have a somewhat more real-world look, however exaggerated.  The image I have in my mind is like a cold war soviet block style, with lots of heavy geometry, concrete, and rusty metal and pipes.  The level itself is some kind of production plant which is located in the center of a few block apartments which will be somewhat accessible to the player, much like Morpheus in UT classic except with a more complicated level between the structures.  I'm useless at texture creation and I'm looking for someone who can produce good-looking, gritty, real-worldish textures as well as all your usual trims, lights, and girders which you want for any DM level.  If anyone's interested in helping me out let me know.

Thanks,
-Eli
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 06:08:42 PM »

Mr. Lake has been kind enough to provide tutorials on the making of photo-realistic textures, albeit they are photoshop-centric.

http://www.conxort.com/mrlake/mainpage.php  (Scroll down)

If you don't like what you do at first, redo it.  Any artist will tell you that.  Many of the paintings hanging in the Louvre and other art museums around the world have been painted over "mistakes" and jpegs and targa's are infinitely cheaper than canvas and oil paint.

Eli
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 10:59:46 AM »

I know practice makes perfect but at the moment I both don't have the time or the real desire to become a skilled texture artist.  Also an artist brings much of their own style into any level they work on and it would make this one a fuller, more interesting project if more people other then myself contributed to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: