Poll
Question: scripts/shaers.xxxx compiled or hand coded for R6xxx  (Voting closed: April 22, 2009, 11:12:29 PM)
development - 0 (0%)
hot topic - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: shaders and the radeoHD driver  (Read 8219 times)
peat
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: January 13, 2009, 11:12:29 PM »

i have been working on getting openarena working with my HD2400  using the radeoHD opensource driver , using the DRI , but I have a question relating to the shaders, they are creating stalls in the pipeline,
terrain.shader and weapons.shader seem to be the problem.. when I do a 3d pipeline clean check i hang.
I think these shaders are at fault.. but need info on how they were generated.. have you guys run them trough shader analyzer.. for GPR or export utilzation....

:cool:
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:34:09 PM »

.shader files in this case has nothing to do with glsl or fragment shaders.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
peat
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 01:14:11 AM »

hey tanx fromhell for the quic reply..,
                    so how are the shaders being loaded ..
When i load my shader i have to explicity tell it where it is via a DMA into  the FB  ( local memory )  and then through the CP tell it where it is via thre indrect buffers...
my shaders  are precompiled through a windows ATI  (catalyst) , converted from ELF (ATI output) to something  meaning ful...  and then i convert these to load addresses recognised by the GPU, but yours are loaded on demand (LOD), sorry  but how can you load 64 shaders  (whihc i saw in the logs ) without running through an ATI compiler (for GLSL) or through an assembler (for IL)...  I am using the  void show_state (adapter_t *adapt)  function to detect the error...
btw hte mouse response is bad ,  but that is thel east  of the problem with the R6xxx  and adeonHD driver..

Smiley
peat
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 01:29:14 AM »

hey fromhell,
             me thinks we are going to hav to get tech very fast coz i dont see how openarena can  prcoduce  textured output , on the HD2400 without  a precompiled shader... loaded into FB what do think.. coz i would like to use the 8 pipelines avaiable in the new r6xx arhiteciture  and coz nvidia are not doing open source its kinda difficult to prgram for those guys...

damocles
Bigger member

Cakes 0

May cause drowsiness

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 02:05:02 PM »

They are textures, scripted to allow effects and interacting with game events and other things, but only textures, on Rage Pro or Voodoo or Riva TNT level hardware.

They are not the same as pixel/fragment shaders, are not compiled into bytecode, and are not executed in GPU hardware.
peat
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 06:47:08 PM »

thanx, damocles..
                   when i finally finsished up last night it occured to me that that perhaps was the case , coz i could not
reconcile such great graphics with not being H/W accelerated .. but i should have noticed the frame rate which on my gaming m/c should have been higher than it was
thanks for the reply..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: