Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The servant closes itself unexpectedly  (Read 8080 times)
ReCoRD
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: December 17, 2006, 05:28:18 PM »

Good, I am of Spain, My nick in OpenArena is Record. My passion to this game has forced to me to register domain openarena.es since it is a game very played. My problem is. In the console I execute the game servant, and when this cash settlement we already played all good, the problem comes at the time of closing the shell terminal, I close it and the application is closed. this he is the commando that I used to initiate the game:

./ioq3ded.i386 +set dedicated 1   +exec configtf.cfg

the servant closes itself unexpectedly with this command

then I put east commando so that he was not closed... :

nohup ./ioq3ded.i386 +set dedicated 1 +exec configtf.cfg

and it was closed equal, showed east message :

1.33+oa_SVN982M linux-i386 Nov 25 2006
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/home/open/.openarena/baseoa
/home/open/openarena-server/baseoa/pak6-misc.pk3 (96 files)
/home/open/openarena-server/baseoa/pak5-TA.pk3 (7 files)
/home/open/openarena-server/baseoa/pak4-textures.pk3 (932 files)
/home/open/openarena-server/baseoa/pak2-players.pk3 (187 files)
/home/open/openarena-server/baseoa/pak1-maps.pk3 (25 files)
/home/open/openarena-server/baseoa/pak0.pk3 (748 files)
/home/open/openarena-server/baseoa

----------------------
1995 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
execing q3config.cfg
com_zoneMegs will be changed upon restarting.
sv_cheats is read only.
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Opening IP socket: 64.22.95.2:27960
Hostname: host.fonsetohosting.com
Alias: host
IP: 64.22.95.2
Started tty console (use +set ttycon 0 to disable)
execing configtf.cfg
sv_cheats is read only.
------ Server Initialization ------
Server: kaos
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/home/open/.openarena/baseoa

----------------------
3990 files in pk3 files
Loading vm file vm/qagame.qvm...
VM file qagame compiled to 1137840 bytes of code
qagame loaded in 2683840 bytes on the hunk
------- Game Initialization -------
gamename: baseq3
gamedate: Sep 30 2002
------------------------------------------------------------
InitGame: \dmflags\0\fraglimit\0\timelimit\35\sv_privateClients\2\sv_hostname\*$0 teams with 0 entities
24 items registered
-----------------------------------
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:

----------------------
Hitch warning: 825 msec frame time
----- Server Shutdown (Signal caught) -----
==== ShutdownGame ====
ShutdownGame:
------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------

when closing the terminal , closed the servant? : S somebody knows like solving this problem? thanks:)

if something of this post it entendeis is not so that hize with: http://translate.google.com/translate_t Greetings
Shutdown tty console
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 05:33:33 PM by ReCoRD » Logged
baud123
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:03:13 PM »

hola !
When using nohup, add a & at the end of the line so that the process (the ioq3ded server) is detached from your terminal.

so your line to launch the game will be :
nohup ./ioq3ded.i386 +set dedicated 1 +exec configtf.cfg &

a file nohup.out will be written in the current directory, be sure you have the rights to write there.

un saludo.

en espanol :
cuando utilizas nohup, puedes anadir & al fin de la commanda para que el proceso (el servant ioq3ded) no depienda de su terminal

por eso, la linea para ejecutar el juego es :

un fichero nohup.out es escrito en el directorio, compruebe que tiene suficiente derechos para escribir aqui.
Ferk
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 02:58:56 AM »

Wow so many spanish people!
hola que hay? Wink

Hum.. no estoy seguro de que anyadir "&" al final de la linea desligue el programa del terminal... creo que continuaria siendo un proceso "hijo" del terminal y se cerraria igualmente, al menos eso me pasa a mi. Lo que yo haria seria crear un archivo de texto con lo siguiente:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

Lo colocas junto a tu ioq3ded.i386, le das permisos de ejecucion (chmod +x "nombre_de_archivo") y cuando lo ejecutes desde tu administrador de archivos el servidor cargara sin mostrar ninguna ventana de terminal.

---English---
Hum.. I'm not sure if adding a & at the end would deatach the program.. I think it would still be a terminal "child process", at least it does not work that way on my system. If I were you I would make a text file containing the following:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

Place that file in your ioq3ded.i386 folder, give to it permision to be executed (chmod +x "filename") and when you run it from your filebrowser the server should load without a terminal window being opened.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 03:06:20 AM by Ferk » Logged

sorry for my english
ReCoRD
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 05:01:47 AM »

English Version Of Google translate xDD :

Thanks to all for the answers, you are brilliant. Thanks in special to Ferk. Yes the servant already works correctly and the terminal is not closed when closing! weeee, Thank you very much friends. By the way I have opened the Spanish official page on the openarena game, yes the administrator reads this that puts in contact with me so that it gives to updates ect me and all the necessary one so that this project is is Spanish. I will try to do the possible thing so that Open Sand of is played, already are many clans here in Spain. I leave to the Open project sand you in Spanish: WwW.OpenArena.Es Notices: Today Monday 18 of December of 06 the page is developing. All this not abria be possible without the aid of: WwW.Linuxjuegos.com WwW.Openarena.ws WwW.fonsetohosting.com Gracias to all so that the project continues growing. I wait for to you in my clan in case ^^ desires to you to play with me. My clan you will find in the list of servants of Open sand: *** |TeaM I.R.C| *** Greetings to all and thanks to translate it everything to Spanish.

Spanish Version Tongue

Gracias a todos por las respuestas , Soys geniales . Gracias en especial a Ferk .    Si el servidor ya funciona correctamente y no se cierra al cerrar la terminal !!! weeee , Muchas gracias amigos .    Por cierto he abierto la pagina oficial espanyola sobre el juego openarena , si el administrador lee esto que se ponga en contacto conmigo para que me de actualizaciones ect y todo lo necesario para que este proyecto este en castellano . Intentare hacer lo posible para que Open Arena sea de lo mas jugado , ya hay muchos clanes aqui en espaya .    Os dejo el proyecto Open arena en espanyol :    WwW.OpenArena.Es    Nota : Hoy lunes 18 de diciembre de 06 esta en desarrollo la pagina .    Todo esto no abria sido posible sin la ayuda de :    WwW.Linuxjuegos.com    WwW.Openarena.ws    WwW.fonsetohosting.com    Gracias a todos por que el proyecto siga creciendo .    Os espero en mi clan por si os apetece jugar conmigo ^^ .    Mi clan lo encontrareis en la lista de servidores de Open arena :    ***|TeaM I.R.C|***    Saludos a todos y gracias por traducirlo todo a Castellano.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 05:08:11 AM by ReCoRD » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: