Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tweaked Major  (Read 43319 times)
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« on: January 10, 2009, 03:13:50 PM »

In progress.

Still needs a fair amount of work. I made a mess reshaping the face and there's still ears to add and hair to shape.

I thought I'd put it up for giggles.

http://home.comcast.net/~liam.busey/zjulia.pk3

Edit 1/12/09:

* removed dent from cheek

* started experimental skin

* added major's sound

* added major's bot info

* changed working name to 'Julia' so as not to interfere with Armageddon Man's single player campaign bot 'Angela'

Light still seems to  bounce oddly off Major's head. I think I'm going to try rounding it off a bit and see if that helps. May square off the jaw a bit as well.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:56:35 PM by Snickersnack » Logged
P . Scimmia
Nub

Cakes 2

Grrrr...ciao

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 11:34:30 AM »

I did not understand a thing! Major although this well is very different from the examples I've seen here that are more triangular shape and children:
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=2339.0
which is the way to model more appreciated?
P . Scimmia
Nub

Cakes 2

Grrrr...ciao

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »

noticed that you have forgotten the texture and they do not have not even the Pack commando and then there is a riveruseless lzamento of the cheek
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 05:10:45 PM »

Hi P. Scimmia, not all of OA's player models are included in the SDK you linked to. The readme file says that only the best models were included due to lack of time. I guess major didn't make the cut. Wink

You can find OA's version of the Major on the svn:
http://openarena.ws/svn/source/assets/models/major/19.blend

I don't quite understand your second post. The textures are in the pk3 file. I think they are called head.tga and torso.tga.

I'm just playing with the Major. I posted pics of the first version I liked. There are many flaws. I hope to have the cheek problem fixed tonight and then I'll post another version along with a better pk3.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:44:01 PM by Snickersnack » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 11:17:19 PM »

I wouldn't bother 'improving' major in any way really, a from-scratch redo-over would be a better idea

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 06:26:21 PM »

I wouldn't bother 'improving' major in any way really, a from-scratch redo-over would be a better idea

Ahh, cool. I would like to see an improved major one way or another. I have a vendetta against that bot.

What are you looking for in a from scratch Major? Is there one already in the works?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 07:16:42 PM »

Take a look at DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Character_Ideas]this[/url][/b] and DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/PlayerMDLs]this[/url][/b] wiki page for some ideas on models. Tongue

(Someone could merge those pages into one, or move ideas at PlayerMDLs page into Character Ideas one)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 07:19:40 PM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 07:17:53 PM »

Am I the only one, who actually like this skin?

Keep it up, Snickersnack, I think this Julia should be added into SVN, if the legs will be finished, too.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 01:07:28 PM »

Thanks Graion Dilach, this has been a great learning experience for me. I've been using Major/ Julia to learn my way around Blender. It's nice to have an imperfect but complete model to explore. I don't know if it's right for OA, but I'll see if I can polish it up a bit for practice. Maybe then I'll have the skills for a "from scratch" major.

I played with the UV map and Major's original face texture mostly works now.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 04:25:02 AM »

Even female bodybuilders don't have such horizontal shaped abs, it's more masculin. Women abs more likely have just three vertical lines which you can see by some fitness ladies. So please don't make Julia a transsexual Tongue .

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 12:57:23 PM »

Even female bodybuilders don't have such horizontal shaped abs, it's more masculin. Women abs more likely have just three vertical lines which you can see by some fitness ladies. So please don't make Julia a transsexual Tongue .

You're no fun! Wink

I'll use a reference image for the next version. Thanks for the link.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 02:00:47 PM »

I started a new major. No shots yet, she's in NAKEDSTATE as I try to figure out her new major wardrobe. I based the face geometry from Kyonshi and strangely... she looks like a higher resolution counterpart now.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 04:26:50 PM »

How about something like this for major:
PWNAGE
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

LEWL!

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 03:23:54 AM »

I started a new major. No shots yet, she's in NAKEDSTATE as I try to figure out her new major wardrobe. I based the face geometry from Kyonshi and strangely... she looks like a higher resolution counterpart now.

=D

OPEN ARENA!!!!... it's cool

-PWNAGE- Anonymous Browsing
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 08:32:41 AM »

Speaking of major, I'd have to say that she is the best bot in the game. She is violent and mean and laughs at me all the time.

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: