Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing character models  (Read 8090 times)
darin722
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: January 19, 2009, 04:52:41 PM »

I've recently installed openArena 0.8.1 on an Ubuntu 8.10 system and found that most of the character models are missing.
When in multiplayer, I see many different characters, but when I'm in single player mode, If I select skirmish, and try to add bots, there is a grid of names with empty spaces above them where the images of the character should be.  There are 5 models that do appear in the grid, pretty much at random places, one of which is a duplicate.  All other models are blank.  When I add the models that do exist to a single player game as bots, only Sarge shows up, sometimes Dre.  None of the others appear in the game.

Any idea how I can fix this?

fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 04:58:21 PM »

Maybe you need to complete the single player levels before you choose the bots? A bit like the maps, you can only play on the next 3 maps once you complete the current ones?
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 05:10:35 PM »

Did you say 'Dre'? You may have playing on Beergarden and auto-downloaded the chronic map. It has a custom single player campaign bot file that over writes OA's.

To fix this, go into your baseoa dir and look for a file named 'chronic.pk3'. If you find it, rename it something like chronic.zip or delete it. When you restart OA, the single player bots should be back to normal.  Assuming that was the problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: