Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Could create map - how do I run it? :/  (Read 9949 times)
Tribaal
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: December 19, 2006, 06:59:32 PM »

Hi folks.

Stupid question: I have made a test .bsp with Radiant, and now I would like to test it, but unfortunately I cannot find where the hell I'm supposed to stick my bsps so that OA picks them up...

I did put it in ~/.openarena/baseoa/maps/test.bsp , but then typing in "/devmap test" in OA's console returns an annoying file not found message... What am I doing wrong?

Help please, I really feel stupid Smiley

- trib'

"Software is like sex; It's better when it's free" - Linus Torvalds
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 09:29:43 PM »

sv_pure 0

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Tribaal
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 01:34:28 AM »

Hum I did, but unfortunately it doesn't change the problem Sad

/sv_pure 0
/devmap test

maps/test.bsp cannot be found

Sad

How frustrating

- trib'

Ferk
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 04:15:36 AM »

I did put it in ~/.openarena/baseoa/maps/test.bsp

You should put it in your openarena/baseoa/maps/  folder ("openarena" instead of ".openarena")  I mean, the folder in which you installed the game, not the folder where the configuration files were created (~/.openarena)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 04:17:14 AM by Ferk » Logged

sorry for my english
Tribaal
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 05:16:37 AM »

OK I finally could access my map:

I had to create a .pk3 archive in my path, with my map in it. So basically it just wouldn't work if it was in a directory, but it works fine inside a .pk3...

By the way, it works either in ~/.openarena or in /usr/share/openarena (where the binaries are), as both are in OA's path.

You can check what you path is easily by issuing the "/path" command in the OA console.

I'm curious however, does this happends to me only, or do all linux users experience this problem? It's pretty weird really.

Thanks for your help folks, now I can get back to mapping Smiley

- trib'

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 01:46:07 PM »

I have never had that problem, /sv_pure 0 followed with a /devmap craptastic.map has never failed for me with craptastic.map being in my ~/.openarena/baseoa/maps/ directory.

The only problem I've ran across and keep running across is video settings being lost on shutdown.   It is either an ioquake3 issue or an nVidia problem because it affects both Q3a and OA but until Debian Etch is released as stable I won't be able to test the latest nVidia drivers to see which.  Forcing the renderer to software mode seems to keep the settings saved...

ratix
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 09:14:40 PM »

OK I finally could access my map:

I had to create a .pk3 archive in my path, with my map in it. So basically it just wouldn't work if it was in a directory, but it works fine inside a .pk3...

By the way, it works either in ~/.openarena or in /usr/share/openarena (where the binaries are), as both are in OA's path.

You can check what you path is easily by issuing the "/path" command in the OA console.

I'm curious however, does this happends to me only, or do all linux users experience this problem? It's pretty weird really.

Thanks for your help folks, now I can get back to mapping Smiley

- trib'

You can either use sv_pure 0 and devmap <map> or you can zip your map into a pk3 and run it (without sv_pure 0 this time).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: