Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: graphic errors (linux)  (Read 5775 times)
militanz
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 16, 2009, 08:13:34 AM »

Hello,
just installed OA on a notebook (centrino t7300, 1gb, intel gma950) with Linux Mint.
It works, no errors, but after some seconds of playing the graphic mess up, textures and text or both. Sometimes the menus.
Any idea??

ps: i'm a totally newbie with linux.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »

Something like this : http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=2793.0 or similar ? (all dark).

I'd advice you to turn off compiz, you may eventually have to change your video drivers (which isn't that easy).

Seems intel chipsets, even if having open specifications, still have many improvements to be made.

Check after disabling compiz first.

Todo: Walk the cat.
militanz
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 11:43:38 AM »

Something like that (but not exactly).
I read about compiz issues so i tried to uninstall it... nothing changed:(

how do you solved that? can you tell me how to turn off compiz withou removing it completely?Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:35:00 PM by militanz » Logged
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 03:15:23 PM »

I didn't solve it, I plan to install gentoo soon so hopefully it won't have that problem. I didn't have that problem with Debian Lenny (note: Lenny was recognized as stable a few days ago).

You may check your /var/log/Xorg.0.log (paste it here ?), it could point to some problem.

And so you may have to solve something with your Xorg or with your drivers, but you should google for it, it may be Ubuntu specific, and I doubt it only happens with OA. (any other OpenGL app to test ?

Todo: Walk the cat.
militanz
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 03:33:59 PM »

this is strange!
i uninstalled compiz and the problem was still there.
i tried this http://blogage.de/files/3611/download?compiz-switch_0.4.3%7Eubuntu-1_all.deb and...magic! with this tool OA works fine!
maybe i've done something wrong uninstalling compiz the first time! Hope this work for you too!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: