Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blacklist  (Read 11369 times)
FragUPlenty
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: April 06, 2007, 10:28:38 PM »

I want to start a blacklist of people who are generally prics, cheaters, or generally bad sports in Open Arena that way server admins can take not of it

The list:

-roadkill
-frag u plenty -(poser trying to get me banned for no aparent reason)

Hopefully with a list like this it will become easier to weed out the prics on servers
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 10:30:14 PM by FragUPlenty » Logged

Macintosh - we might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end.  ~Douglas Adams
baconfish
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 08:19:50 AM »

How so? Can you use such a list with OA to automatically kick them, or are people supposed to check the list against everyone in the server (who, assuming you're on the server, would already be showing themselves as pricks)?

And what about people just changing their names? To contribute, I would add everyone on oa_bases3 who will switch to whichever team is winning, camps their flag, and camps the OTHER TEAMS flag. Sure the map has its problems, but I'm pretty sure bugs don't have the ability to turn normal people into douchebags.
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 11:51:13 AM »

Don't be so sure about that.  Those are some pretty bad bugs...

Johnny
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 02:59:55 PM »

Well the CTF/teamplay issue can be easily solved by making it illegal to change user info during team games.  Noobs will complain that they have to rejoin to switch teams, but it's the only real solution to prevent that kind of cheating.
FragUPlenty
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 01:09:06 PM »

I thought it would be a good idea to create a list of people who are poor sports whatever on servers so that way admins could glance at it and if someone looks familiar then it might help the admins do there job

we had it in a couple other games. Including Face of Mankind, when I was in BDS in Day of Defeat source, and in both instances it worked very well. thought it might help here.

Macintosh - we might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end.  ~Douglas Adams
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 02:19:31 PM »

Name & Shaming, is a bit dodgey when it comes to online games.

FragUPlenty
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

well its up to you. So whatever you guys want to do. I am just saying when I was apart of BDS it really helped to improve the quallity on our servers because if someone was being a dic it was possible to remove them from the server. Again, this was just an idea.

w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 03:47:49 AM »

As stated earlier, it's easy to change name, what you want is to ban their IP if you have reasons to stick a marker on them. Or maybe we should ban UnnamedPlayer from our servers? Smiley

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

THOR
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 08:36:19 PM »

There's a down side to that idea pretty soon you'll have noob's galore Posting regulars names claiming they are using aim bots etc... every time they get stomped. Or just people trying to troll and start a bunch of crap that's seriously not needed. I understand completely where your coming from, but unfortunately it has as much potential for mayhem as it does good.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 10:16:32 PM »

heh if the oa master had a blacklist that was updated for every server, that would suck. This isn't Zdaemon

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Smithamax
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 05:07:54 AM »

i dont think a black list is very necessary, if someone is being a ass kick them if if they aren't don't simple.
also camping isn't really a blacklistable thing you should be allowed to play the game anyway you want, that said server admins can set rules if they want to.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: