Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 maps in 1 topic: oa_reptctf3/11 and am_thornish  (Read 104883 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2011, 10:50:12 AM »

@VortexHU: Seems that the decal sample map glitchied in my config:

I haven't modified it, I just downloaded the file and compiled it with the settings I use for my maps:
Code:
<route1>/q3map2.x86 -fs_basepath "/usr/lib/games/openarena" -fs_game "baseoa" -game "oa" -flares -meta -patchmeta -v -verboseentities "<route>/baseoa/maps/_decal_sample.map"

EDIT: I've found another error: some of the messages were badly formatted or placed. I'll add that to the fix to-do.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:29:58 AM by |TXC| Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2011, 12:25:59 PM »

b1v2

Small update, no big changes:
- Fixed location messages. Some bad strings and bad formatting were fixed.
- Replaced Battlesuit with Invisibility.
- Added TA version. It's the same layout with (almost) the same items, but with some extra stuff:
  * Shotgun replaced by Nailgun.
  * Lightning Gun replaced by Chaingun.
  * Runes
  * Invisibility replaced by Kamikaze. (When the models for the Invulnerability item are done, I want to replace Kamikaze with Invulnerability)

I suggest you to test these maps with 0.8.5.

For the next version I have to drop the egyptsoc_* textures, so I'm going the help of some texture artist in order to have textures for this map. Sad

Uploading...

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2011, 01:18:28 PM »

For the next version I have to drop the egyptsoc_* textures

Why? No GPL?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2011, 01:28:35 PM »

It seems. fromhell may have an explanation for that.

Plus, I've also found this, and it's pretty recent:

Code:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nhmBV0z1HiMJ:www.alientrap.org/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D1%26t%3D1617%26view%3Dprevious+nexuiz+egyptsoc&cd=3&hl=es&ct=clnk&client=ubuntu

(The Alientrap forum is gone)

EDIT: Fixed link.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:53:29 PM by |TXC| Neon_Knight » Logged

PigCell
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2011, 03:29:21 PM »

It might be worth teaming up the two powerups, so that they spawn alternately. For now they seem to spawn each on their own and with that twice as often as you expect since they share the same spot. (if they already are and just have sped up spawn times on purpose, then ignore what I just said)

Since the origin of the map is somewhere inside the skybox observers can't really float about before joining a team. Maybe an intermission entity might help with that, and you can also pick a nice view angle over the central room.

Sad thing about the textures, I face the same problem with my current map. I guess I have to brush up my gimp skills a bit, too.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2011, 03:42:23 PM »

The powerups are already teamed. They were always teamed up. There's a 30-second delay between them.

The Intermission entity is also there, (it's needed for the levelshots) in order to escape, just press the crouch key, but yes, I should lower it a bit, or place it in another place. (Maybe below the center platform?)

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2011, 08:10:05 PM »

Oh, I forgot the existence of this:

Code:
http://svn.icculus.org/nexuiz/trunk/Docs/egyptsoc/permission.txt?revision=5555&view=markup

Still waiting fromhell's word.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2011, 10:24:20 PM »

The decals are z-fighting for me too. The map is well done, great job! I liked the textures, too bad they aren't GPL Sad.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2011, 10:47:20 PM »

Dammit... I have to see if my defualt config does the same.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2011, 11:13:10 PM »

Tried with a default config and many small tweaks... and these are the results:

The first one is the default config.
The second one is with vertex.
The third one, with the max settings I use for map testing (lightmap, 32bit, antialias, anisothropic 8X, trilinear, high texture detail)
The fourth one, with the min settings I normally use (lightmap, 32bit, no antialias, no anisothropic, bilinear, texture detail below average)
And the fifth one... with the lower+vertex+r_detailtextures=0.

Am I missing something? Or may it be a problem with your config?

VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2011, 11:53:42 PM »

maybe my z-buffer's poor, but my render settings not too diff from default. given _decal projection doesn't z-fight for me, and assuming doesn't for u, superior method? also i think the example map doesn't work just b/c texture/shader isn't in right place, but the principle is sound i think.

— VortexHU —
PigCell
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2011, 03:49:10 AM »

I visited my parents the last couple of days and I was bored and had a fresh OA install there. I also couldn't look at the .map file you kindly provided and therefore didn't know about the teamed items or the intermission. But I made an interesting observation: On a fresh install with default graphics, there was z-fighting. Now I'm at home again and there isn't. This leads me to believe there's either some shader conflict or some shader-related depth sorting issue. That might be worth investigating. Hope you can find the problem.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2011, 04:35:45 AM »

I have to check some other shaders.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2011, 06:01:02 AM »

I meant the other map, oa_reptctf11 is fine for me too, but oa_reptctf3 isn't.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2011, 08:52:51 AM »

I'm rolling back to the old method: a "nodraw" box with the painted face. Hopefully, this method will work.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2011, 02:11:25 PM »

Uploaded the new versions. I'll be using the egyptsoc textures until proper replacements are done.

Both versions have only one change: the replacement of decals for the old method. Hopefully this should work well.

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2011, 04:56:47 PM »

His site says, that the textures are GPL2:
http://www.simonoc.com/pages/materials/tpegypt/index.htm

Did i miss the point (haven´t dl and tooked a look into the readme, but the above statement seems clear to me)?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2011, 06:18:11 PM »

"The following digital content is covered by the GNU GPL 2 License.
Please do not use any of my work for commercial purposes, thank you."

Ironically, GPLv2 allows commercial explotation. If Simon wasn't aware until now...

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2011, 04:57:04 AM »

It could be understood as a simple "please", while not explicitely forbidden.
However one could bring to his attention the fact he can't forbid commercial use if he uses GPL.
It's likely this statement as actually worded only brings confusion amongst people who are into free softwares, while not many might have a commercial use of them, and even if they do they are forced to comply with the GPL which means to give back the eventually modified textures, so that's still a win.
Feel free to email him about it.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2011, 10:15:13 PM »

I'll see what can I do about the egyptsoc textures later...

New version of am_thornish in the first post:

- Completely redone, no more bad brushes.
- Now features every weapon, sans the Shotgun (I want to include it as a starter weapon in future versions)
- Redistributed ammo.
- The walls aren't flat anymore.
- New protective windows in the bases.
- New jumppads which the player may take to change the route from one side to the other.
- And many more changes.

Check the first post for screenshots and D/L link.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2011, 04:07:14 AM »

New version of am_thornish in the first post:

The bottom of the water bridge has some z-fighting issue:

It looks great and play great. Maybe the protective windows could be wider, you can shoot some rockets next to it and the splash damage hurts the player behind it.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2011, 08:05:34 PM »

Well, I still have a lot to do, however, I'll be uploading the new version tomorrow. Screenshots also tomorrow.

Changes:
- Added the remaining weapons, items and holdables. (Sans the Invulnerability, someone should model that item)
  * Middle area has now one Prox, one Light, a team consisting of Invis/Haste/BattleSuit/Regen, another team consisting of Kamikaze/Medkit/Teleporter, and the remaining team of Quad/MH underwater.
  * Weapons per base: 2x Rocket Launcher, 1x Railgun, 1x Chaingun, 1x Plasma Gun, 1x Grenade Launcher and 1x Nailgun. There's only one way to reach the Railgun. Smiley
- Fixed the water glitch by raising a bit the water. Now it's also safe to exit from there.
- Added a newer entrance to the Body Armor area (former Combat Armor area)
- Added a new cover window below this new path.
- Minor changes.

Radiant screenshots:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:45:46 AM by |TXC| Neon_Knight » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2011, 06:24:12 AM »

New version of am_thornish finally uploaded. Cheesy
Head to the first post to download it.

I had to drop that awesome curve in the Radiant screenshots because it caused clipping problems. (Non-solidness -.-)

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2011, 01:01:23 AM »

Hi! What's with the new version of the map? I've read in the SVN thread that you made changes... and mentioned you've put in "every weapon and item".

I can't try it now, but I' curious.
Everything including flight and the four runes?
Everything including BFG and the grapple?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:54:29 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2011, 04:38:40 AM »

The grapple isn't included. You should enable it if you want to try it.
(When I did the map, I didn't included the grapple because there were no model for it)

The Runes are in each base. (Two of each one)
The BFG and Flight are located in secret areas. I'll leave the players to find them.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:27:35 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: