Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mod Update  (Read 15093 times)
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« on: March 06, 2009, 02:17:37 PM »

We got a version going that only crashes ass randomly once in a blue moon...Retardo will have it running tomorrow

Name: Super Retardo's Beta Test Toilet
Minimum 4 players per team (Bots are there)
Pure Server running qagame as a dll

Available commands to level 0 users for testing will be:
!lol
!gib
!slap
!warn
!userinfo
!listplayers
!listadmins
!disorient/!orient
!time
!help
!admintest
!spec999
!allready
!pip

Everything listed below as done will be there as well.  There is a small 2 meg sound download though...(slow non-http)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's all done server side...so unless you add custom game assets, no download is necessary. All the features are completely user configurable--meaning you can run the mod as vanilla OA if you feel like just putting extra pointless strain on your server.

Killing Sprees/Killing Spree Ends--Done
Multikills--Done
--If turned on, they replace the "Excellent" sound...
--Sounds and #'s are user configurable...(We aren't gonna hand out UT sounds...sorry).
Note: Sprites get drawn on other people's heads, ded. server console says you gained the award but since the actual Excellent Count triggers the sound and it can't be disabled  server-side...Not messing with it till after other stuff gets done...

Rotating Server Banners--Done
--Can be displayed in Chat or Center Printed

Goomba Kills--Done
--goomba soundeffect path is sounds/misc/goomba.wav
--Put it in a pk3 for distribution...we aren't doing it.

TeamSwitch Negative Scoring--Done

No /kill in a firefight--Done.
--Server credits attacker with the frag, pansy doing the /kill is "Scared to Death" by his/her attacker and loses a frag point.
--prevents drawing out Free for Alls

ReverseFriendlyFire--Done
--Tired of jerk teammates railing you off to nowhere on a space map? Give em a taste of their own medicine...

Server configurable obituaries--Half-Done
--Code is there but the hooks arent just yet

HP of the person who killed you--Done

No Damage Pushing--Done
--Bind the "shove" command to a key...you can push players around without damaging them...server can be configured for a little push, a big one, and anything in between
(syntax: /bind f shove) no + or /

Personal Messaging--Done
Syntax: /m ChatTarget Message

Basic Non-RCON Admin (1st Iteration 95% done)
--Admin Logging
--kicking, banning, muting, warning
--vote cancelling/passing (done)
--muting (done)
--Fun commands (lol, slap, gib) done
--Client Screen Disorientation (done)
-------This one is perhaps my favorite cuz you can catch cheaters really easily by specing em and doing an oops disorient then playing back the demos in slow-mo, best anti-cheat in the world are good people as good admins in the game!!!

All Admin commands can be done from the chat "say:" prompt.... so admins dont really have to take their eyes off the screen...

Licensing Issues--Not Done
SuperRetardo occasionally will be running the mod on a test server but beyond that...we gotta clear up some licensing issues before we can distribute it as GPL compliant.  We've pulled some code from some other Q3 based games who's sources are open, but the license isn't GPL. (GPL V2 is OA's right?)

ToDo:
FirstBlood Award/Sound (Soon)<<Piece of Cake
Spawn Invulnerability (Soon)
Name+Chat Censoring (After Admin)
Anti-Camping (After Admin)
--No promises on this one, got the inspiration for it, just don't know if we got the talent or the time..

Player Ratings (After 1st iteration of Admin)
Shuffling/Team Balancing (2nd Iteration of Admin, After Player Ratings)

Known Bugs: Bot debug mode is somehow turned on...so when they have "found new better enemy" it gets printed in the chat part....
Has issues working outside of dedicates server
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 07:14:44 PM by SharpestTool » Logged
epicgoo

Cakes 5

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 04:14:59 PM »

so? where is the server? or the mod :/
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 08:24:55 PM »

if we had the money, you'd see a server running 24/7...he runs it on his machine for a couple of hours in the evenings....

and we won't be putting the mod out for distribution until we make sure we've got licensing issues worked out....

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 09:44:27 PM by SharpestTool » Logged
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 03:24:24 PM »

Side note...does anyone know how to compile an .so file under windows?

No, not gonna do a qvm build...defeats the purpose of the mod(building player base for existing servers not creating new EMPTY ones!)
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 04:12:59 PM »

I think it is called a .dll in Windows.

Theoretically MinGW+MSYS should be able to do so but I have been unsuccessful in doing so. Plus MSYS doesn't run in Vista 64 bit at all.

If you want to compile a .so under Windows for uploading to a Linux server I think you are out of luck, the necessary cross-compilers either does not exist or lacks full compatibility. They really need to be build on the system that runs them to ensure compatibility.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
epicgoo

Cakes 5

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 04:57:03 PM »

I think it is called a .dll in Windows.

Theoretically MinGW+MSYS should be able to do so but I have been unsuccessful in doing so. Plus MSYS doesn't run in Vista 64 bit at all.

If you want to compile a .so under Windows for uploading to a Linux server I think you are out of luck, the necessary cross-compilers either does not exist or lacks full compatibility. They really need to be build on the system that runs them to ensure compatibility.
hmm you can compile .dll with mingw+msys but not .so (just to make it clear)
but you can install a virtual machine, install linux on it(ubuntu for example), and compile
JESUS SCOUSE
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 07:18:07 PM »

I don't know what half that stuff means, but it all sounds really good.
Can't wait to try it.
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 12:14:21 AM »

linux you say?  hahahahahah....Retardo is gonna crap his pants...it'll be greaatttttttt Tongue

I thought thats what we were gonna have to do...
Guess we could just fix all our sh*tty code to run qvm style though...although again that would defeat the purpose of trying to build a mod which would help fill servers..

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 12:22:31 AM by SharpestTool » Logged
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 06:08:46 PM »

GOT ADMIN WRITTEN AND...IT PASSED A SMOKE TEST!!!!!
it booted up lol...

Some obvious bugs though...
Now to get everything functioning right before phase II

SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 12:03:56 AM »

Okay...so change of plans...no longer is it gonna be just server side...we cant get some sound events to work without crashing the client...

New plan...
cgame & ui as qvm's
game as dll/so

Gonna have to rework some game code after adding the events in cgame...gotta use the actual event model in the Q3 codebase
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: