Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anti-Cheat, Open-Source Alternative to PB?  (Read 10656 times)
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« on: February 10, 2009, 12:39:15 AM »

So...was doing some reading after I saw the post about by RAZR in the community ban-list...

And this is only worth the effort if people think OA is big enough...

but there's a project out there called ETACE, ET AntiCheatEffort...sounds punkbusteresque, but open-source.   
I have no idea how it could be made to fit with the GPL, since it definitely has "closed-source" pieces to it, but...it might be something to think about if OA grows big enough.

http://etace.ycn-hosting.com/

RudyRailer
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 09:46:47 AM »

Im not a fan of pbish programs often they restrict more cvars i use, to impove pc performance
Often  people call others cheaters when theyre not.
So imo its good enough to make a demo of a suspected cheater then show it to people who actually know what a cheat looks like and if a cheat is confirmed, Ban simple and effective i think

Anticheat often doesnt deliver because cheats develope aswell.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 01:06:03 PM »

Im not a fan of pbish programs often they restrict more cvars i use, to impove pc performance
what happened to getting a 200x computer? A sufficient GHz with a capable video card isn't very hard to NOT do these days.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
epicgoo

Cakes 5

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 06:54:23 PM »

We plan to offer features most major anticheats offer, e.g. a screenshot facility, a reliable guid system and player database for identification, auto-update system and much more.
no cheat detection as far as I can tell. it is just a whitelist/blacklist kinda thing
Al
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 06:03:46 AM »

So the rule is just against proprietary products? Other than possible usage issues there is no objection to open source hex editing detection/whatever those punks are using these days?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: