Poll
Question: ...
Thumbs up!!! - 3 (42.9%)
Mid thumb... - 2 (28.6%)
Thumbs down!!! - 2 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Harvester  (Read 11055 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: March 28, 2009, 07:55:30 PM »

What do you think about this gametype?

I like it, it's very tactical. Plus, those who have played Greed on UT3 will find themselves at home with it. The main con is that it needs X players per team to be at least playable, (at least 3 by side on mid-sized maps) and that not any CTF map can be played on Harv, unlike CTF, OL, eCTF and DD.

This is a list of those 0.8.1 maps which supports this gametype, and 1FCTF too. (The list is incomplete on 0.8.1, only ctf_gate1 appears on skirmish, despite that many maps have support for it) The CTF maps of my mappack have full support for those too.

ctf_gate1
czest2ctf
czest3ctf
delta
oasago2
oa_bases3
oa_bases3cl
oa_bases7
oa_ctf2
oa_ctf2old
oa_ctf4ish
oa_spirit3

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 03:46:45 AM »

I tried it with bots and I'm sure I don't get it.

There was some skulls, and when I pick they up, they didn't give the team point. What are the rules?

Well, it still better than Overlord, because it doesn't work with bots....

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 04:11:57 AM »

Rules:
Killing a blue player spawns a blue skull
Killing a red player spawns a red skull
Skulls spawn at the middle obelisk
You can collect skulls in the enemy's team color
Touching skull in your team color will make them go away
Skulls go away then the skull carrier is fragged (they are not dropped)
Running over the enemy obelisk will give a point for every skull you are carrying

Obelisk are not currently visible or hardly visible but there placement are easy to guess.

TODO: Add this to wiki

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 04:26:35 AM »

Oh, thanks.

I hope the obelisks are at the same place as the CTF flags... it sounds interesting now.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 04:46:08 AM »

Just tried it with some bots, and think it would be a lot of fun
playing with people.

An interesting variation might be to drop a skull where the
fragged player was (or you just harvest their corpse).  In a
space map lie OA_CTF2 it would be important where you
railed someone, otherwise the skull would drop into the void.

Our code needs fixing though, the winning music is played
when the _other_ team gets some skulls and vice versa for the
losing music Smiley
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 05:40:17 AM »

An interesting variation might be to drop a skull where the fragged player was (or you just harvest their corpse).
Just like Greed actually is. Without the Titans, Vehicles, and extra-gametype related things, of course. Tongue

I tried it with bots and I'm sure I don't get it.

There was some skulls, and when I pick they up, they didn't give the team point. What are the rules?

Well, it still better than Overlord, because it doesn't work with bots....
Look at this video @ 0:35 to get an idea on how to play. Basically, as sago pointed, you frag someone, a skull appears on the skull generator at the middle area, (or where it's placed) then you collect that skull, go to the enemy base, and touch the skull pod to score.

There's a Harvester video, but it's useless, since he collect skulls but don't put them in the enemy skull pod.

I also suggest you to play with the latest OAX, since it fixes most things about many things.

(BTW, Quad Damage is one of my fav songs from SM, more than some of my fav tracks from Q2 OST)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 06:16:14 AM by |TXC| Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 01:54:49 AM »

The ancestor of all this is 'headhunters' mod and I remember it appeared for netquake first. (That was quake 1, yes)
It's a more straight forward and FFA compatible and you have to collect the heads of your fallen foes and deliver them to a bloody altar. Way to go!

headhunters webpage: http://tarot.telefragged.com/ - check their docs page.
headhunters on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6NQsnWqxNE

If it's working with OA I could replace the HUNT Server with Headhunters from time to time...

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 07:20:12 AM »

I've tried an experiment on oa_reptctf3 by putting two generators, since in CTF maps with more than 1 flag it's possible, at least on ioq3/TA, to have more than one flag per team, and to take one of the two flags and bring it to any of your flags.

It failed because skulls were respawning at one gen and not on both. :/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: